Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus was at her comedic best while accepting her fourth consecutive outstanding lead actress in comedy series trophy for “Veep” at the 2015 Emmy Awards.
“What a great honour it must be for you to honour me tonight. No, I’m sorry. Donald Trump said that. It’s getting trickier and trickier to satirise his stuff,” said the actress, who plays fictional Vice President of the United tates, Selina Meyer on the show.
“I’d like to honour, also all the women in this category. Amy, wake up! I love you gals so much. I do, in fact,” Julia said leaving the audience in splits.
- Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus says she has breast cancer
- Emmy 2017: US President Donald Trump omnipresent over Awards ceremony
- Emmys 2017: Veep and The Handmaid's Tale win top prizes
- Emmys 2017: Saturday Night Live wins big as Donald Trump jokes flow at the award show
- Emmy Awards 2016: Game Of Thrones, Julia Louis-Dreyfus create history
- Kiss with Bryan Cranston was pretty good: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
The 54-year-old actress, who won her sixth Emmy beat the likes of Lily Tomlin of “Grace and Frankie”, “Inside Amy Schumer” star Amy Schumer, Amy Poehler of “Parks and Recreation”, “Nurse Jackie” star Edie Falco and Lisa Kudrow of The Comeback”.