With more trained contestants performing, the 7th season of celebrity dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ is expected to get more challenging.
The show will see 13 celebrity contestants – Purab Kohli, Andy, Sukhwinder Singh, Karan Tacker, Sophie Chaudhary, Kritika Kamra, Mouni Roy, Sreesanth, Puja Bose, Palak (Kiku Sharda), Shakti Mohan, Akshat and Ashish Sharma– vying for the trophy.
Remo, who is known for being critical in judging, said with more trained dancers on the show it becomes difficult for the panelists.
“It’s tough. It makes the competition cut throat. We are also left speechless at times and this time we have contestants specialised in many dance forms,” he told PTI.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Contestants like Shakti, Mouni are winners of a similar dance based reality show while Sophie has danced in music albums whereas VJ Andy choreographed many performances.
“This time participants have basic rhythm and music knowledge and that make it tough for us. I have performed many a times but this is the first time my performance will be judged. I am scared,” said Sophie, who has teamed up with choreographer Deepak for the show.
Former Indian pacer Sreesanth, who took formal dance training till high school, said, “I had watched previous seasons of the show on YouTube closely and found that this year is going to be tough because almost all of us had dancing background.”
‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ winner Mouni, however, said winning such reality show does not provide any edge over the competitors.
“Every reality show is different. You don’t get brownie points in a particular show if you are already a winner of similar title. Rather expectations go up,” said Mouni, who feels Shakti is a brilliant dancer and has the maximum chances of winning the show.
Kritika, who is known for her stints in TV soaps like ‘Kuch Toh Log Kahenge’ and ‘Kitni Mohabbat hai’, said the trained contestants encourage non-dancing members like her to work harder.
The contestants are currently rehearsing for their first performance of the season in Jhalak house at Versova.