With more trained contestants performing, the 7th season of celebrity dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ is expected to get more challenging.
The show will see 13 celebrity contestants – Purab Kohli, Andy, Sukhwinder Singh, Karan Tacker, Sophie Chaudhary, Kritika Kamra, Mouni Roy, Sreesanth, Puja Bose, Palak (Kiku Sharda), Shakti Mohan, Akshat and Ashish Sharma– vying for the trophy.
Slated to go on air from early next month on Colors, the show will be judged by choreographer-director Remo D’souza, actress Madhuri Dixit and filmmaker Karan Johar.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Remo, who is known for being critical in judging, said with more trained dancers on the show it becomes difficult for the panelists.
“It’s tough. It makes the competition cut throat. We are also left speechless at times and this time we have contestants specialised in many dance forms,” he told PTI.
Contestants like Shakti, Mouni are winners of a similar dance based reality show while Sophie has danced in music albums whereas VJ Andy choreographed many performances.
“This time participants have basic rhythm and music knowledge and that make it tough for us. I have performed many a times but this is the first time my performance will be judged. I am scared,” said Sophie, who has teamed up with choreographer Deepak for the show.
Former Indian pacer Sreesanth, who took formal dance training till high school, said, “I had watched previous seasons of the show on YouTube closely and found that this year is going to be tough because almost all of us had dancing background.”
‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ winner Mouni, however, said winning such reality show does not provide any edge over the competitors.
“Every reality show is different. You don’t get brownie points in a particular show if you are already a winner of similar title. Rather expectations go up,” said Mouni, who feels Shakti is a brilliant dancer and has the maximum chances of winning the show.
Kritika, who is known for her stints in TV soaps like ‘Kuch Toh Log Kahenge’ and ‘Kitni Mohabbat hai’, said the trained contestants encourage non-dancing members like her to work harder.
The contestants are currently rehearsing for their first performance of the season in Jhalak house at Versova.