Playing himself in television series, Khatron Ke Khiladi – Kabhi Peeda Kabhi Keeda, on Colors was a physical and mental discovery for Bollywood heartthrob Arjun Kapoor.
In Chandigarh on Thursday (February 4) to promote his new television show, Arjun said: “I am Arjun Kapoor in the show. I am playing myself and it was a physical and mental discovery. I just knew one thing – to be the best Arjun I can in this show.”
Cinema is a place where he can switch on and off, prepare for a role, take his time. But, television is a different ball game.
The actor, who is his own competition, has never had any phobia in his life. “Except for the ceiling fan when I was a kid,” he said.
Talking about the show organisers selecting him as the host for the present season, Arjun said: “Why did they bring me on board in the first place? It’s a question mark on everyone’s face when they see me as the host of Khatron Ke Khiladi – Kabhi Peeda Kabhi Keeda on Colors. My best bet is that they saw a young, unabashed mastizaada who has a quirky sense of humour and was game to have fun and adventure.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He brings in an element of wit and humour, something the makers of the show felt was missing in previous seasons. According to Arjun, the channel approached him after doing in-depth research on him as a young action star who could pull the show off.
He is amused how people doubt him all the time. However, as the new host of the show, Arjun has been commanding prime time on television through Khatron Ke Khiladi – Kabhi Peeda Kabhi Keeda for the past one week.
It’s a show where he is spontaneous, pushing the envelope, doing death defying stunts and adding a new dimension to his personality.
Born into a family of filmmakers and actors, Arjun confessed that his dream has always been to be a director like his father, Boney Kapoor, and he will be one in due course of time. Acting happened on the way.
Soon he realised that while silver screen has its allure and charm, it is television where an entertainer’s true worth is discovered. “It is a 360 degree arena. The purest medium to judge an entertainer. Television has the broadest, deepest connect and is the toughest place to survive. I marvel at people like Kapil Sharma, Krushna, Manish Paul and Bharti who can entertain non-stop out of thin air,” Arjun said.
On the show, he has dared and delivered. Among the contestants, it’s the girls who are a tough bunch this time. “Yay to girl power. I feel girls have great mental strength and emotional connect. They are compassionate and passionate and strong team players compared to men who can be detached and selfish.”
In fact, there will be a lot of girl power in his next, R Balki’s Ki and Ka with Kareena Kapoor, where he plays a househusband. A romantic comedy, this film will see Arjun cook, clean, wash, gossip, attend kitty parties, grocery shopping and even rap in a song composed by Meet Brothers.
“Boys are often expected to be like their fathers. Here we are exploring what if a boy grows up to be like his mother? It is interesting for it deals with equality, love, marriage and not who earns what.” Next there is the love story, Half Girlfriend, shot in Bihar.