Actress Sofia Vergara has slammed the critics who termed her gig at the 64th Emmy Awards sexist and troubling.
Vergara stood on a rotating pedestal, while Television Arts and Sciences president Bruce Rosenblum, delivered the opening speech of the ceremony. “What truly matters is that we never forget that our success is based on always giving the viewers something compelling to look at,” Rosenblum said.
In Pics: Emmy Awards 2014: Red carpet stunners Halle Berry, Julia Roberts, Sofia Vergara, Padma Lakshmi
But many on social networking sites thought that the act was sexist in nature.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The 42-year-old actress, however, said people should have a sense of humour and not take such acts seriously. “I think it’s absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself. I think it’s ridiculous that somebody started this- I know who she was – who has no sense of humour (and should) lighten up a little bit,” she said.