Actress Sofia Vergara has slammed the critics who termed her gig at the 64th Emmy Awards sexist and troubling.
Vergara stood on a rotating pedestal, while Television Arts and Sciences president Bruce Rosenblum, delivered the opening speech of the ceremony. “What truly matters is that we never forget that our success is based on always giving the viewers something compelling to look at,” Rosenblum said.
In Pics: Emmy Awards 2014: Red carpet stunners Halle Berry, Julia Roberts, Sofia Vergara, Padma Lakshmi
But many on social networking sites thought that the act was sexist in nature.
The 42-year-old actress, however, said people should have a sense of humour and not take such acts seriously. “I think it’s absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself. I think it’s ridiculous that somebody started this- I know who she was – who has no sense of humour (and should) lighten up a little bit,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More