The hugely-popular ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ has completed 100 episodes and the show’s host-producer Kapil Sharma says that initially he was asked to do only 26 episodes.
The comedy show, which went on air in June 2013 on Colors, gives a distinctive take on the everyday life of a common man as the show explores the story of every household and how the show’s common man played by Kapil is affected by the simplest issues in life around him.
“The initial contract was of 26 episodes. When the shooting started, the channel thought of extending it to 36. When I shot two to three episodes, they told me let’s make it 50. After it went on air and seeing the response, they said let’s make it 100 and after 10 episodes, they told me to do as many as high up,” Kapil told reporters here in a group interaction during the launch of “Kaun Banega Crorepati 8”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Comedian Sunil Grover, who quit the show last year, has again joined back and Kapil is happy. He added: “When you work with good artists, it’s good.”
Kapil is delighted with the positive response for his show, but he would like to act in movies too.
“People do 250 films, still nobody knows their name. I am fortunate that people know me and this is all because of the show. As an artist, I would like to grow, so I am trying to balance the show and my movie assignments,” said Kapil, who was slated to make his Bollywood debut with Yash Raj Films’ “Bank Chor” but is now out of the project.
The show has been lauded by celebrities like Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Sonakshi Sinha.