The hugely-popular ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ has completed 100 episodes and the show’s host-producer Kapil Sharma says that initially he was asked to do only 26 episodes.
The comedy show, which went on air in June 2013 on Colors, gives a distinctive take on the everyday life of a common man as the show explores the story of every household and how the show’s common man played by Kapil is affected by the simplest issues in life around him.
“The initial contract was of 26 episodes. When the shooting started, the channel thought of extending it to 36. When I shot two to three episodes, they told me let’s make it 50. After it went on air and seeing the response, they said let’s make it 100 and after 10 episodes, they told me to do as many as high up,” Kapil told reporters here in a group interaction during the launch of “Kaun Banega Crorepati 8”.
Comedian Sunil Grover, who quit the show last year, has again joined back and Kapil is happy. He added: “When you work with good artists, it’s good.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kapil is delighted with the positive response for his show, but he would like to act in movies too.
“People do 250 films, still nobody knows their name. I am fortunate that people know me and this is all because of the show. As an artist, I would like to grow, so I am trying to balance the show and my movie assignments,” said Kapil, who was slated to make his Bollywood debut with Yash Raj Films’ “Bank Chor” but is now out of the project.
The show has been lauded by celebrities like Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Sonakshi Sinha.