Odisha girl Ananya Nanda, the winner of “Indian Idol Junior 2”, is set to sign a two-year record deal with label Universe Music India.
Her single will be unveiled every consecutive year.
The other four finalists on the singing competition series– Vaishnav Girish, Nahid Afrin, Nithyashree Venkataramanan and Moti Khan– will also be taken on-board by the label as its next indi-pop act.
- Facebook steps onto YouTube turf with Universal Music deal
- YouTube signs paid service agreements with Sony, Universal music labels
- 'Indian Idol Junior' season 2 winner Ananya Sritam Nanda releases debut single
- 'Indian Idol Junior 2' winner Ananya Nanda's 'idol' is Shreya Ghoshal
- 'Indian Idol Junior 2' winner Ananya Nanda wants to playback for Sonakshi, Deepika, Anushka
- Indian Idol Junior 2: Odisha girl Ananya Nanda is the winner
They will have the opportunity to release one single each.
Universe will also sign on these singers for a holistic 360 degree contract for two years wherein all aspects including live show, endorsements, music albums will be solely
managed by the label.
“The talent has been outstanding and it’s my firm belief that these Indian Idol Juniors today are tomorrow’s stars,” said R H Chhatrapati, Vice President Universal Music & EMI,