He makes TV viewers burst with laughter with his drag act as Palak of ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, but Kiku Sharda says he’d rather be called an actor than a “comedian”.
Kiku, who’s dancing away to glory for the 7th season of celebrity dance show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” these days, is also participating in the competition in his character Palak.
“I have been working in the industry for the past 11 years. I would loved to be called an actor, and not comedian,” said Kiku.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He is pleased that his character Palak has achieved a unique identity, and more so as the makers of “Jhalak…” want ‘Palak’ to rock the dance floor with ‘her’ amusing dance movements.
“The show wants Palak to participate. My character has got its own individuality after the ‘Comedy Nights…’. People recognise me as Palak. I’m quite happy that Palak has attained an identity,” Kiku said.
“Jhalak…” went on air on Colors June 7 with filmmaker Karan Johar, choreographer-director Remo D’Souza and actress Madhuri Dixit on the judges panel.
Kiku, who “hasn’t learnt dancing, but loves dancing”, is practising with his choreographer Kruti to give neck-to-neck competition to other celebrity contestants. He’s also learning different dance forms.
“I have never learnt dancing, but I love dancing. Palak has its three to four signature moves. I cannot showcase just those on the ‘Jhalak…’ stage since it’s a hardcore dance show. The tasks cannot be taken lightly.”
“All the contestants are judged technically. I learn and practice different dance forms with my choreographer Kruti. I’ll be practising the Latin form of dance, which I have never done in my life,” he said.
Kiku said as the show proceeds, he might get out of Palak’s get-up and perform as himself.
“I may not do the whole show as Palak. With time, I’ll get out of Palak’s get-up and perform being Kiku,” he said.
Kiku is fond of dancing and this is not his first dance show. He was earlier seen in the sixth season of celebirty couple dance show “Nach Baliye” with his wife Priyanka Sharda, who he says also loves dancing.
“Jhalak…” is Kiku’s fourth TV show besides “Comedy Nights…”, which he says is his “main priority”.
He is currently playing Akbar in the new show “Har Mushkil Ka Hal: Akbar-Birbal” and does small stints for “F.I.R” alongside TV actress Kavita Kaushik.
Handling the four shows altogether is a tough task for Kiku and he doesn’t get much sleep.