He makes TV viewers burst with laughter with his drag act as Palak of ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’, but Kiku Sharda says he’d rather be called an actor than a “comedian”.
Kiku, who’s dancing away to glory for the 7th season of celebrity dance show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” these days, is also participating in the competition in his character Palak.
“I have been working in the industry for the past 11 years. I would loved to be called an actor, and not comedian,” said Kiku.
He is pleased that his character Palak has achieved a unique identity, and more so as the makers of “Jhalak…” want ‘Palak’ to rock the dance floor with ‘her’ amusing dance movements.
“The show wants Palak to participate. My character has got its own individuality after the ‘Comedy Nights…’. People recognise me as Palak. I’m quite happy that Palak has attained an identity,” Kiku said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kiku, who “hasn’t learnt dancing, but loves dancing”, is practising with his choreographer Kruti to give neck-to-neck competition to other celebrity contestants. He’s also learning different dance forms.
“I have never learnt dancing, but I love dancing. Palak has its three to four signature moves. I cannot showcase just those on the ‘Jhalak…’ stage since it’s a hardcore dance show. The tasks cannot be taken lightly.”
“All the contestants are judged technically. I learn and practice different dance forms with my choreographer Kruti. I’ll be practising the Latin form of dance, which I have never done in my life,” he said.
Kiku said as the show proceeds, he might get out of Palak’s get-up and perform as himself.
“I may not do the whole show as Palak. With time, I’ll get out of Palak’s get-up and perform being Kiku,” he said.
Kiku is fond of dancing and this is not his first dance show. He was earlier seen in the sixth season of celebirty couple dance show “Nach Baliye” with his wife Priyanka Sharda, who he says also loves dancing.
“Jhalak…” is Kiku’s fourth TV show besides “Comedy Nights…”, which he says is his “main priority”.
He is currently playing Akbar in the new show “Har Mushkil Ka Hal: Akbar-Birbal” and does small stints for “F.I.R” alongside TV actress Kavita Kaushik.
Handling the four shows altogether is a tough task for Kiku and he doesn’t get much sleep.