Bollywood actor Purab Kohli is the second contestant to be ousted today from the celebrity dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ season seven.
The ‘Rock On!’ star said he was not expecting his eviction from the show after his performance bagged good response from the judges last week. “I was quite shocked… I was having a good time on the show. Judges were impressed by my performances and I was getting wonderful reactions from them. But coming to the danger zone was disappointing for me,” Purab told PTI.
The 35-year-old former VJ even forgot his dance step after he learnt that he was one of the contestants to be in the danger zone.
“I did a semi classical-Bollywood dance this week with my choreographer. I was so disappointed that I even missed a step. We worked so hard for it and were even expecting good scores from the judges,” he said.
Purab was pitted against contestant and popular television actress Puja Banerjee for the final act on the Colors’ show.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The actor said he was happy to be a part of the show and if given a chance he would try his luck again. “Being not a trained dancer, I was happy to learn many new dance forms on the show. I am happy that I was a part of wall act (his first performance), which was never done on a TV show. I would definitely be a part of this show again, if given an opportunity,” Purab said.
‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ is now left with 11 celebrity contestants who will perform with their professional choreographer partners and will be judged by actress Madhuri Dixit, filmmaker Karan Johar, choreographers Remo D’Souza and Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
When asked who was the strongest contestant on the show, Purab said, “Shakti is the strongest and apart from her Akshat (Singh) and Ashish (Sharma) are also good. Ashish has a huge fan following because of his TV soap. Mouni (Roy) is also doing good and might be the dark horse.”
Purab will now rehearse for his maiden play ‘Trivial Disaster’ and is excited about his next next release ‘Tere Aane Se’.