Actor Reena Kapoor is glad that after her exit from popular daily soap, Shakti- Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki, her character will also be killed on the show. The actor did not want someone to replace her on the show.
Reena, who plays mother to actor Rubina Dilaik in the show, recently announced her departure from the drama as she will be staying in the US with her husband for next nine months. Reena said she requested the show’s makers to kill off her character, Nimmi, because she felt no other actor could strike a connection with the audience as she did.
“I don’t know if they had already planned to end my character but I had requested them to do so because I have lived the character, put in my heart and soul into it and it’s not a character, which would go unnoticed. So, I told them that I won’t be very happy if they did that. I wanted to take the character with me while I am leaving. Even if they get a better actress or a more known name than me, she wouldn’t have that connection with the audience that I had in that role. So, I am very happy that they have decided to end Nimmi,” Reena told indianexpress.com
The actor said that initially she thought of continuing working but the thought of living without her husband for a long period saddened her. “As the time of his leaving came closer, I realised it wouldn’t be possible for me to live without him for such a long period. He is my only friend and family in Mumbai. So, I thought it is better to quit the show than to stay back and still be unhappy,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Though she is looking forward to her stay in the US, Reena said hasn’t bid goodbye to the small screen and will be back after this break. “I don’t even want rumours of me leaving television forever to go around because I will come back. I can’t leave such a flourishing career. This is just a break and I will be back to do more shows.”
Shakti- Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki also stars Vivian Dsena, Kamya Punjabi and Ayub Khan. In the upcoming episodes, Preeto (Kamya) will plan Saumya’s (Rubina) kidnapping and as Nimmi would be informed about her daughter Saumya’s abduction she will suffer a heart attack and die.