Superstar Aamir Khan, who is currently busy with his TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ says that his monetary earnings from the programme are less but he is enriched by the experience of meeting different people.
There were reports that Aamir was not charging anything for the show but the actor said, “I do take money for the show… I think I should take money for the work I do. I used to earn more money through ads but I don’t do much ads now. If I look at it financially, commercially… then I am earning less.
“(But) My earning is more in another way… like meeting people from various walks of life, touching their lives. I feel enriched,” Aamir told reporters here.
‘Satyamev Jayate’ has been one of the most influential television shows in the recent times. The first season saw Aamir raising some sensitive topics like female foeticide, child sexual abuse, medical malpractice, dowry system, love marriages and honour killings among others.
In the second season, which kicked off on March 2, issues like rape and police reforms were raised. The actor, however, did not elaborate on the subjects, which would be highlighted in the upcoming episodes.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
On ensuing polls, he said, “I will come forward for an issue… but I will not campaign… support any party or person. I know people in politics. I don’t want to influence anyone. I think youngsters should vote… think and vote.”
In the past, Aamir did support social activist Anna Hazare when he was fighting for corruption. On AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, Aamir said, “It is a
new party let’s see what kind of work they do. I don’t want to comment on them right now.”
His good friend Salman Khan too would be seen in a social show ‘Mission Sapne’, where the celebrity would be leading the life of a common man for a day and give the earnings to them
“I am very happy Salman is doing this kind of a show. I wish more people from industry come and support it (social issues),” Aamir said.