Creators of the hit TV show How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) noted that the show has emotional roots inspired by the September 11 attacks.
On September 11, a series of coordinated terrorist attacks took place where the planes crashed into the North and South towers, respectively, of the World Trade Center complex in New York.
Carter Bays and Craig Thomas discussed the show’s roots during a New York Television Festival keynote discussion on Monday.
The two New Yorkers had been working as staff writers on the “Late Show With David Letterman”, but wanted to write material with characters and storylines outside of the series’ signature Top 10 List format, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
“How I Met Your Mother” — starring Neil Patrick Harris, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Josh Radnor and Alyson Hannigan — had nine seasons from 2005 through 2014.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The creators says the tragedy informed the tone of the pilot.
“We have to write something bigger and with emotion, and (that) talks about twists and turns in life,” said Thomas.
Bays added, “It informed HIMYM in very subtle ways. For two 29-year-olds to be writing something so nostalgic … (Because we learned) Wow, life really is about chapters closing and things coming to an end, and things pivoting on an axis that will never pivot back.”