“Orange Is the New Black” star Kate Mulgrew feels great roles for female actors are being written on TV.
The actress, who plays prison cook Red on the popular show, said it is an amazing time for actresses, reported People magazine.
“I think it’s changing now. Because female roles in TV are golden now. This whole game is shifting,” she said.
- Mouni Roy on working with Akshay Kumar in Gold: Lucky to stand in the same frame as him
- Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar: Want to work with Aamir Khan
- LOOSE LIPS: Guess why was this actress replaced by her contemporary?
- Prince Harry to marry Suits actor Meghan Markle, here's a look at their romantic tale
- Our female stars are experimenting far more than their male counterparts: Neeraj Ghaywan
- Wonder Wheel actor Kate Winslet: I worry about the extra pressure to be ‘perfect' on girls
The 59-year-old actress feels hopeful about the future of actresses in Hollywood as she thinks the industry’s obsession with beauty is lessening.
“I think the day is coming where we will be wanted; not just accepted but wanted as the stripped-down, compelling women that we are. Without our plastic surgery, without our bulimia, without our makeup. We will be charismatic in and of ourselves.
“That is coming now, but it has taken quite a while. Hollywood still does love its beauties, you know. It’s unachievable beauty,” she said.