Joan Rivers’ daughter Melissa feels the controversy surrounding her mother’s style TV show “Fashion Police” could be compared to a family feud after the death of the matriarch.
Melissa Rivers opened up about the public dysfunction that embroiled ‘Fashion Police’ earlier this year, in her first TV interview since Joan’s death last August, reported New York Daily News.
“The only way I can really get my head around it is the matriarch of the family died,” Rivers said in an interview on “TODAY” show.
Earlier this year, one of the show’s hosts Guiliana Rancic, while analysing celebrities’ Oscar look, said teen star Zendaya Coleman’s dreadlocks smelt like patchouli oil and weed.
- Sharad Yadav criticises police action against protesting Banaras Hindu University students
- How Pakistani media reported Sushma Swaraj's UNGA address
- Dedication the key to world record lift, says Sohrab Moradi
- Kylie Jenner pregnant, Twitterati busy speculating that it's Kim Kardashian's surrogate
- 'Never said this is my Mann Ki Baat': PM Modi says got unique opportunity of connecting with people
- Colin Firth granted Italian dual citizenship, says he and his wife are extremely proud of their countries
Another host Kelly Osbourne was dragged into controversy by fans, following which she threatened to leave the show if the matter was not resolved. Even though Rancic publicly apologised to Coleman, Osbourne quit the programme.
Joan’s close friend Kathy Griffin, who replaced her on the popular show that pokes fun on Hollywood’s celebrities’ dressing sense, quit the series within seven weeks following Osbourne’s departure.
“And the family fell apart. And the sisters started fighting. And everybody mourns and grieves differently. And then someone tried to marry into the family. And we know how that went. That’s the only way I can sort of explain what happened,” Melissa said.
E! network announced an official hiatus for the show post the fiasco and Melissa feels the comeback will be better than the last season.
“We’re coming back in September,” she said, though when asked who the hosts will be, Melissa replied, “I don’t know yet!”
“We are just starting the meeting process of a bunch of us getting in a room and figuring this out. The network said in hindsight we came back too fast but it was award season!” she said.