Fake ‘Friends’ movie trailer releases online

A trailer titled, 'Friends: The Movie' (2015 Trailer) made its way to the Internet recently.

Written by Sunitra Pacheco | Mumbai | Updated: October 8, 2014 1:28 pm
The trailer is a spoof and contains a montage of the cast's recent television appearances. The trailer is a spoof and contains a montage of the cast’s recent television appearances.

Even though it has been a decade since the finale episode of American television sitcom ‘Friends’ aired on TV, the David Crane and Marta Kauffman creation still has a huge fan following.

So, imagine the excitement when a trailer of the supposed ‘Friends’ movie made its way to the Internet recently. Titled ‘Friends: The Movie’ (2015 Trailer), it created quite a stir on social networking sites including Twitter and Facebook.

However, the trailer is a spoof and contains a montage of the cast’s recent television appearances. It was created using footage from various TV programmes including Cougar Town, Episodes, Jimmy Kimmel, The Ellen Show, Web Therapy amongst others.

The scenes were put together to show the friends – Monica Geller, Ross Geller, Chandler Bing, Rachel Green, Joey Tribbiani and Phoebe Buffay reuniting after a long time.

Number of fans kept their fingers crossed that the trailer be real, but, unfortunately it was just a spoof.

The hit television show lasted 10 seasons and starred Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

1. N
    Niamh
    Apr 21, 2015 at 11:14 am
    I was actually so excited to hear that there was friends movie coming out, who would be so evil to make a fake trailer of it and get everyone so excited. I'm so sad and maybe they might make a real movie. Fingers crossed
    1. N
      Nina Giberson
      Sep 8, 2015 at 2:45 pm
      I thought that trailer was real well I got my hopes up for nothing oh well. The producer or someone needs to make a movie because they had a show for ten years then it ended they need a movie but if they do make one that is real I am deffinitly gonna see it.
      1. O
        Ohio man
        Jan 7, 2015 at 4:36 pm
        glad it was fake. The trailer sucked.
        1. F
          Faith
          Jan 22, 2015 at 2:11 pm
          THANK GOD! That was a horrible just horrible movie trailer!! I had already decided to not watch them movie because it would have ruined my love of the series. I couldn't figure out why some writer/director would morph their lives as actors with the character in the series. Wow they have all had some bad gigs since the show that made up that trailer.
          1. F
            Faith
            Jan 22, 2015 at 2:11 pm
              Savanna
              Apr 6, 2015 at 7:14 am
              Yeah, I got excited when I HEARD about a Friends movie trailer being out...but new it was fake when I saw it. I haven't even seen the shows the clips were ripped off from, but I didn't need to. You are not a real Friends Fan if you watched it and thought it was legit. Right away I knew something was sketchy.
                Shane Shaw
                Feb 12, 2015 at 3:55 pm
                This is really sad and really horrible too. Was really expecting a reunion through a movie but all in vain... Wish i could personally strangle the jack who started all this fake in the first place...
                  righteous blockade
                  Nov 29, 2014 at 9:22 am
                  agreed! it's not that hard, write it just as you speak it: trailor. see? easy!
                    Ashley
                    Dec 27, 2014 at 7:33 pm
                    Very disappointing I was really excited to see a friend's movie come out they ( the cast) should really consider it. Obviously it would sell out the theaters they already can see how truly successful it would be from all the interest from a fake trailer...hoping this at least makes someone consider the idea!
                      Socorro
                      Dec 6, 2014 at 5:26 pm
                      No lmao I just noticed that
                        Sunee Palladay
                        Nov 20, 2014 at 7:51 pm
                        No, FORTUNATELY, this trailer is just a spoof. They made the movie look terrible and their lives depressing. Not at all in the essence of love and friendship that the original series portra. I do hope they will come out with a movie and that it will be nothing like this trailer.
                          drdernial
                          Oct 8, 2014 at 1:15 pm
                          Why can nobody spell trailer?
                            maejeenius
                            Dec 2, 2014 at 1:21 pm
                            i wonder too.
                            1. I
                              insidmal
                              Dec 5, 2014 at 7:58 am
                              ..they likely did a twitter search for "Friends Movie Trailor"
                              1. I
                                insidmal
                                Dec 5, 2014 at 7:56 am
                                Those tweets are incredibly disheartening.
                                1. j
                                  j.r.
                                  Dec 30, 2014 at 6:23 pm
                                  autocorrect?
                                  1. L
                                    Luke Forward
                                    Dec 5, 2014 at 1:01 pm
                                    Thats why it made no sense...
                                      Rebecca Ann
                                      Dec 3, 2014 at 2:33 pm
                                      that was very mean
                                      1. L
                                        Liam Neville
                                        Dec 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm
                                        I was looking at the tweets and thinking the exact same why can't anyone spell trailer lols
                                          Ronen
                                          Dec 3, 2014 at 10:42 am
                                          They did it also at 2014!s:www.youtube/watch?...
                                            sfdsaf
                                            Dec 28, 2014 at 9:25 pm
                                            trailor sounds like a really disappointed person from Texas saying trailer