Chat show host Ellen DeGeneres’ record breaking star-studded selfie at the Oscars has been recreated by popular sitcom ‘The Simpsons’.
Oscar-winner Jared Leto, who was cut-off in the original picture tweeted the animated photo of the stars, reported E!Online.
“I’ve officially joined The Simpsons! Oscars,” Leto captioned the snap.
‘The Simpsons’ also shared their treatment of famous selfie with caption, “Oscar Selfie: A wider view. ‘The Simpsons’.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The animated version of the picture included all of the original celebrities Ellen, Jarred Leto, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Kevin Spacey, Lupita Nyong’o and Lupita’s brother Peter with one addition.
Homer Simpson joined the snap, but didn’t get the warm welcome like everyone else. The funny picture shows Cooper trying to kick Homer out of the shot.
The selfie has also been recreated in Lego version too.
The selfie taken by Bradley Cooper from DeGeneres’ cell phone broke the Twitter record by becoming the most retweeted photo. The website went down due to the huge traffic on Sunday night.
The original “Ellfie” has been retweeted more than 3.2 million times and is now trending in copycat versions, Simpsons being the latest of many versions.