Chat show host Ellen DeGeneres’ record breaking star-studded selfie at the Oscars has been recreated by popular sitcom ‘The Simpsons’.
Oscar-winner Jared Leto, who was cut-off in the original picture tweeted the animated photo of the stars, reported E!Online.
“I’ve officially joined The Simpsons! Oscars,” Leto captioned the snap.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
‘The Simpsons’ also shared their treatment of famous selfie with caption, “Oscar Selfie: A wider view. ‘The Simpsons’.
The animated version of the picture included all of the original celebrities Ellen, Jarred Leto, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Kevin Spacey, Lupita Nyong’o and Lupita’s brother Peter with one addition.
Homer Simpson joined the snap, but didn’t get the warm welcome like everyone else. The funny picture shows Cooper trying to kick Homer out of the shot.
The selfie has also been recreated in Lego version too.
The selfie taken by Bradley Cooper from DeGeneres’ cell phone broke the Twitter record by becoming the most retweeted photo. The website went down due to the huge traffic on Sunday night.
The original “Ellfie” has been retweeted more than 3.2 million times and is now trending in copycat versions, Simpsons being the latest of many versions.