A local court accepted a plea by Hindu Mahasabha against Bollywood superstars Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and a private TV channel for purportedly showing the actors inside a temple wearing shoes during a reality show.
The court has fixed the date for hearing on January 18.
“A scene with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan inside a Kali temple on the sets of TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ was broadcast by Colors channel in December last year,” Bharat Rajput, president of Hindu Mahasabha’s Meerut unit said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Rajput said that he had written a letter to the SSP and the District Magistrate of Meerut on December 23 and also sent an email to the channel over the issue.
He alleged that no one should enter any religious places with their shoes and airing it on TV was insensitive as it hurt people’s religious sentiment.
Rajput said, when the channel didn’t respond and the administration or the police didn’t take steps over the issue, a petition was filed at the court of CJM Sanjay Kumar Singh against the channel, the programme’s director and also Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.