Actor Shahid Kapoor, who is in news these days for his wedding to Delhi-based Mira Rajput, will soon make his debut on television as a judge. The actor has been roped in to judge the eighth season of the reality dance show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’.
Confirming the news, Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors TV tweeted:
— Raj Nayak (@rajcheerfull) June 22, 2015
Shahid Kapoor will replace actress Madhuri Dixit as one of the judges on the show. Madhuri had judged the show for three seasons and is now taking a break. She has hinted that she will be back ‘shortly’, albeit with something more ‘exciting.’
- Shahid Kapoor to not quit 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'
- Shahid Kapoor might leave 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa' for wife Mira Rajput?
- Shahid Kapoor wraps up 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' opening act before wedding
- Shahid Kapoor's first day as 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' host, Karan Johar welcomes him
- Shahid Kapoor, Karan Johar, Ganesh Hegde to judge; Shamita, Sanaya, Ashish to participate in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8'
- Shahid Kapoor to host bachelor's party in Greece
Raj Nayak said that they will miss the presence of Madhuri on the sets of the show. “We are keen on continuing our relationship with her and our team is exploring a show that will suit her persona,” he said.
Choreographer-singer Ganesh Hegde will be joining Shahid Kapoor on the judges panel on the upcoming season.
Hegde, known for his work in films like ‘Black’, ‘Koi…Mil Gaya’ and ‘Khamoshi: The Musical’.
Filmmaker Karan Johar will join the duo as the third judge.
The dance show pairs celebrity contestants with their choreographer partner to showcase some mermerising acts on screen.
The upcoming eighth season of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ will feature celebrities like Shamita Shetty, Raftaar, Vivian Dsena, Radhika Madan, Kavita Kaushik, Sanaya Irani, Deepika Samson, Ashish Chowdhry, Mohit Malik, Scarlett Mellish Wilson and Faisal Khan.
The show is expected to go on air in July.
(With IANS Inputs)