Comedy TV show ‘Blackadder’ star Patsy Byrne has passed away at the age of 80 at Denville Hall, a retirement home for elderly actors here.
The veteran British actress died on 17 June. Her death comes just a week after her ‘Blackadder’ co-star Rik Mayall passed away aged 56 on June 9, reported Contactmusic.
“Very saddened to hear that Blackadder has lost another amazing actor. RIP Patsy Byrne aka Nursie aka Bernard. You and Flashheart can flirt for an eternity now,” a message on the ‘Blackadder’ Facebook page reads.
Mayall’s Lord Flashheart character famously flirted with Byrne’s Nursie in the show.
Byrne was most famous for her role as Nursie in the 1980s show. She also enjoyed a long-running role in sitcom ‘Watching’ and appeared in the BBC’s 1999 TV adaptation of David Copperfield. Her most recent credit was for UK TV drama Holby City in 2006.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Her fellow ‘Blackadder’ castmember Stephen Fry took to Twitter to express his grief. “Oh lord no! I’ve just heard that Patsy Byrne, darling Nursie has died. Hope St Bernard has welcomed her to eternal rest. Adorable woman,” he tweeted.