Comedy TV show ‘Blackadder’ star Patsy Byrne has passed away at the age of 80 at Denville Hall, a retirement home for elderly actors here.
The veteran British actress died on 17 June. Her death comes just a week after her ‘Blackadder’ co-star Rik Mayall passed away aged 56 on June 9, reported Contactmusic.
“Very saddened to hear that Blackadder has lost another amazing actor. RIP Patsy Byrne aka Nursie aka Bernard. You and Flashheart can flirt for an eternity now,” a message on the ‘Blackadder’ Facebook page reads.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Mayall’s Lord Flashheart character famously flirted with Byrne’s Nursie in the show.
Byrne was most famous for her role as Nursie in the 1980s show. She also enjoyed a long-running role in sitcom ‘Watching’ and appeared in the BBC’s 1999 TV adaptation of David Copperfield. Her most recent credit was for UK TV drama Holby City in 2006.
Her fellow ‘Blackadder’ castmember Stephen Fry took to Twitter to express his grief. “Oh lord no! I’ve just heard that Patsy Byrne, darling Nursie has died. Hope St Bernard has welcomed her to eternal rest. Adorable woman,” he tweeted.