How do we love the Television? Let me count the ways.
Indian TV is one medium that gives all kinds of entertainment – girl-meets-guy love stories, ‘dupatta’ flying romance, ‘saas bahu’ bickering, the extreme tragedies, and the craziest comedies. But there is one show that brilliantly packages all these elements, gift-wraps it with superstar hosts and serves with the awesomest garnishing in town, and that is the reality show – ‘Bigg Boss’.
And it’s that time of the year again, where we speculate, wish, want, pray and proclaim few celebrities to be there or not to be there.
Media is again abuzz with news, or rather rumours, and certain names have popped up that are in the race of being amongst the lucky ones to land up in big palatial house, pun and sarcasm intended. Like every year, the list is going to be refuted and proved wrong, so Indian Express.com thought of making its own list of the mighty probables of the ‘Bigg Boss’ house, which can be in its ninth season this year.
1. Starting with Bollywood, the one person we really want to see in the ninth season of the show is Uday – wait for it – Chopra. Now, he is the YRF’s head’s brother and brother-in-law of inarguably one of the most talented actresses of all time, he deserves to make a name for himself too; not that his miniscule role in ‘Dhoom’ series didn’t do him any good. He deserves better.
Also, Uday’s on and off relationship, especially on Twitter, with actress Nargis Fakhri has been a subject of deep concern and questioning for the general people. So, maybe, just may be, he gives us an inside scoop on his complex relationship with Ms Spy.
2. So, when Uday is there, how can Nargis Fakhri be far behind. Signing her for the show might be good for entertainment purposes and also for Uday.
3. Ashok Singh, Salman Khan’s driver, is the epitome of loyality these days. He was ready to sacrifice 10 years of his life for Salman Khan’s sake. And we do need few good men in the line up. Going for Salman Khan’s driver might be the safest bet. And you never know, Salman bhai’s fans will actually make him win the show.
4. MSG – The Messenger! Can you believe that’s actually a song in the movie? Besides one question that MSG really needs to answer what kind of VFX he uses in his movies? Simply amazing they are. Keeping him in the ‘Bigg Boss’ house might actually be a tutorial on VFX and self praise.
5. Dolly Bindra ‘Phir Se’. When she came the last time, her armour wasn’t that full. She has groomed herself now, with better jokes and a louder laughter. Add some serious accusations on the controversial Radhe Maa too.
Believe us, she’ll be a riot to watch this time.
6. ‘Khaanon mein Khan… Kamaal Rashid Khan’. Alike Dolly Bindra, he was half effective when he came earlier than he is nowadays just with his tweets. Picture this, KRK with his tweeting brain but without a Twitter access. Killer, we say.
7. So obsessed is TV czarina Ekta Kapoor with ‘Bigg Boss’, that she mixed a lot of it and a bit of Splitsvilla into a dance show. Result? We got a lackluster season of ‘Nach Baliye’. Also, taking up the ‘Queen’ of TV to the hellhole of TV would be poetic justice. We say, go for it.
8. Ekta Kapoor’s new found friend and the most popular author in India right now Chetan Bhagat is on our wishlist too. We really want to know how the non dancer-turned-dance reality show judge behaves in real. And whether the writer who weaves ostensibly the most outgoing and on-the-face love stories in words can turn cupid for two real people.
9. The comedy group ‘All India Bakchod’ redefined the standards of comedy in India when it ‘roasted’ young stars Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor first in front of more than 4000 people and then the whole world on Youtube. That it landed them in a soup, a bitter one, is a different matter altogether.
But will the extreme realism of a reality show help maintain the AIB boys their cool and wits? Will they be able to laugh on themselves? Point to be evaluated. So, be one or all the four, any of the AIB will sure be fun to watch. The show will get it lost humour back too.
Khamba, Tanmay, Rohan, Ashish, are thee listening?
Disclaimer: This list is compiled purely on the basis of conjecture and hearsay and hence, should be taken in the right spirit.