Actress Preetika Rao, better known as Aaliya from TV soap ‘Beintehaa’, said that her elder sister and ‘Vivah’ star Amrita is a keen follower of her debut show.
“Amrita feels that TV today is a big platform and she feels proud when people talk to her about me. She is a religious follower of my show and if she skips any of the episode then she makes it a point of watching it on the youtube. She gives me feedback and even praises me when I give a shot nicely,” Preetika told PTI.
‘Beintehaa’ which airs on Colors, is a passionate love story of Zain (played by Harshad Arora) and Aliya.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Having started her career in showbiz with modelling, Peetika got her first film offer in 2010. Her debut was a Tamil romantic film, ‘Chikku Bukku’, where she played the role of a Tamil Brahmin girl.
Preetika said the Muslim backrop of ‘Beintehaa’ attracted her to try her luck in the small screen.
“The best part of the show is its Muslim backdrop. There are only few shows on TV that focuses on the Muslim traditions. Moreover it’s a prime time show. It has a glamorous set-up with an intriguing storyline,” she said.
The actress’ love–hate relationship with her co-star Harshad on the show has been widely appreciated by the audience.
“Harshad and I were actually called by the channel for some other show. But it didn’t materialise and we again met for ‘Beintehaa’. Initially, we did not get along well but now we have developed a friendship,” Preetika said.
The model-turned-actress has made a fan base outside India too and said life has changed a lot after the show.
“Life has changed a lot after this show. My popularity quotient has become quite high and it feels good when I get mails from young college going girls who consider me as their idol. Today when I step out people call me by my character’s name. I also get mails from Pakistan, US, UK and Canada and they appreciate my work,” Preetika said.