Actress Preetika Rao, better known as Aaliya from TV soap ‘Beintehaa’, said that her elder sister and ‘Vivah’ star Amrita is a keen follower of her debut show.
“Amrita feels that TV today is a big platform and she feels proud when people talk to her about me. She is a religious follower of my show and if she skips any of the episode then she makes it a point of watching it on the youtube. She gives me feedback and even praises me when I give a shot nicely,” Preetika told PTI.
‘Beintehaa’ which airs on Colors, is a passionate love story of Zain (played by Harshad Arora) and Aliya.
Having started her career in showbiz with modelling, Peetika got her first film offer in 2010. Her debut was a Tamil romantic film, ‘Chikku Bukku’, where she played the role of a Tamil Brahmin girl.
Preetika said the Muslim backrop of ‘Beintehaa’ attracted her to try her luck in the small screen.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The best part of the show is its Muslim backdrop. There are only few shows on TV that focuses on the Muslim traditions. Moreover it’s a prime time show. It has a glamorous set-up with an intriguing storyline,” she said.
The actress’ love–hate relationship with her co-star Harshad on the show has been widely appreciated by the audience.
“Harshad and I were actually called by the channel for some other show. But it didn’t materialise and we again met for ‘Beintehaa’. Initially, we did not get along well but now we have developed a friendship,” Preetika said.
The model-turned-actress has made a fan base outside India too and said life has changed a lot after the show.
“Life has changed a lot after this show. My popularity quotient has become quite high and it feels good when I get mails from young college going girls who consider me as their idol. Today when I step out people call me by my character’s name. I also get mails from Pakistan, US, UK and Canada and they appreciate my work,” Preetika said.