Megastar Amitabh Bachchan is set to make his debut on a fiction TV series titled “Yudh” and a grand event was planned in New Delhi to unveil the poster, but the capital’s storm played a spoilsport leaving him disappointed.
“It was to be a grand ‘poster drop’ on the facade of the Statesman building in Delhi, Connaught Place… So… the Statesman… and the unfurling of the poster for ‘YUDH’. Well a slight disappointment!
“There was an early morning storm in Delhi just before we landed, a recurring factor in this part of the world at this time of the year due to the excessive heat in the summer, and because of the strong winds the poster, a very large, almost 150 feet sized could not be put up,” he posted on his official blog srbachchan.tumblr.com.
The activity didn’t happen as planned, but the dramatic poster of the series directed by Ribhu Dasgupta, was launched on Wednesday in the presence of his co-stars Sarika and Aahana Kumra, the show’s creative director Anurag Kashyap, and creative consultant Shoojit Sircar, among others.
In the series, expected to go on air from July, Amitabh Bachchan will be seen playing the role of construction company co-owner Yudhishthir Sikarwar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It is co-produced by Amitabh Bachchan’s production company Saraswati Creations with Endemol India and is being promoted as a “first of its own kind” TV series.