‘American Idol’ winner Scotty McCreery has revealed that he was recently robbed at gunpoint.
The season 10 winner said it was definitely a very scary night but he felt lucky that he and his friends were safe, reported Ace Showbiz.
The robbery took place at a Raleigh, North Carolina residence. Three men broke into the apartment near the campus of North Carolina State University, where McCreery is in his sophomore year.
The robbers took wallets, electronics and money during the invasion, Raleigh Police Department investigators said.
The victims were told to remain on the floor and count to 100 before getting up. One of the residents then called 911 to alert the police.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We got robbed. They are all freaked out,” the caller told dispatchers. No one was injured in the incident.
“It was definitely a very scary night. Luckily, my friends and I are safe and the Raleigh PD is on the case. I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation,” McCreery wrote on Facebook.
“Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. A huge thank you to the Raleigh PD for their quick response and hard work in solving this case.”
McCreery’s mother said that the 20-year-old singer travelled to the family’s home in his hometown of Garner, following the incident.
Police are working on the descriptions of the suspects.