After becoming the butt of jokes on social networking platforms, veteran actor Alok Nath is back to playing ‘Babuji’ – this time for a new family comedy series, ‘Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai’. He is gung-ho about the unique project, where the actors will get a chance to perform in front of a live audience.
“I’m truly excited to be a part of ‘Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai’. This will be my first tryst with a comedy TV series on the small screen. The beauty of the show is that it is filmed in front of a live audience and has an amazing star cast,” Bollywood’s beloved ‘Babuji’ said in a statement.
“The satisfaction that one gets from entertaining live audiences has a different feel. We all know humour is evolving and I am positive that the audiences will love our show,” added the actor, who has essayed a father’s role in umpteen films.
Produced by FRAMES and directed by Rajan Waghdhare, the show will hit SAB TV July 7.
An innovative family comedy show, about the lives of the owners and the tenants living under the same roof of Bungalow No. 5, “Tu Mere…” shall explore the funny side of the incidents that happen in the daily lives of all the characters. The USP is the presence of live audience on the sets.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Anooj Kapoor, senior executive vice president and business head, SAB TV, said: “The show is a multi-level domestic fictional comedy in a stand-up format. It will showcase the set-up of a bungalow and its tenants with live audience; it would be interesting to see how this innovative concept appeals to Indian audiences.”
The show has an ensemble cast including Rajesh Kumar, Shweta Gulati, Apara Mehta, Ami Trivedi, Samir Shah, Sugandha Mishra, Dhaval, Manoj Goyal, Abhishek Awasthi, Monica Castelino and Sukesh.
With such a cast and concept, “Tu Mere…” promises to be a fresh laugh every minute’ comedy, says Ranjeet Thakur of FRAMES.