After becoming the butt of jokes on social networking platforms, veteran actor Alok Nath is back to playing ‘Babuji’ – this time for a new family comedy series, ‘Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai’. He is gung-ho about the unique project, where the actors will get a chance to perform in front of a live audience.
“I’m truly excited to be a part of ‘Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai’. This will be my first tryst with a comedy TV series on the small screen. The beauty of the show is that it is filmed in front of a live audience and has an amazing star cast,” Bollywood’s beloved ‘Babuji’ said in a statement.
“The satisfaction that one gets from entertaining live audiences has a different feel. We all know humour is evolving and I am positive that the audiences will love our show,” added the actor, who has essayed a father’s role in umpteen films.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Produced by FRAMES and directed by Rajan Waghdhare, the show will hit SAB TV July 7.
An innovative family comedy show, about the lives of the owners and the tenants living under the same roof of Bungalow No. 5, “Tu Mere…” shall explore the funny side of the incidents that happen in the daily lives of all the characters. The USP is the presence of live audience on the sets.
Anooj Kapoor, senior executive vice president and business head, SAB TV, said: “The show is a multi-level domestic fictional comedy in a stand-up format. It will showcase the set-up of a bungalow and its tenants with live audience; it would be interesting to see how this innovative concept appeals to Indian audiences.”
The show has an ensemble cast including Rajesh Kumar, Shweta Gulati, Apara Mehta, Ami Trivedi, Samir Shah, Sugandha Mishra, Dhaval, Manoj Goyal, Abhishek Awasthi, Monica Castelino and Sukesh.
With such a cast and concept, “Tu Mere…” promises to be a fresh laugh every minute’ comedy, says Ranjeet Thakur of FRAMES.