No Indian TV channel can be viewed in the country after October 15, the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has said, a media report said on Saturday.
According to The Nation, Pakistani people have demanded action be taken against “all Indian channels”. The step comes as tensions rise between the two neighbouring nations after India said that it conducted surgical strikes across the Line of Control at terror launch pads in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to the reports, the crackdown will be held against all cable operators in the country in case the orders are not followed.
It also alleged that Pakistani programmes have been banned in India and Indian artistes have given negative messages against Islamabad which resulted in provoking the public to demand the closure of Indian channels.
At a press conference in Mumbai, Amey Khopkar, President of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena’s film wing, said: “The day Pakistan will stop attacking our country, we will extend the hand of friendship. We do not have anything against art but the artists who are employed in India remained mum on the terror attack in Uri. We gave them an ultimatum of 48 hours to leave India. You can rest assured that they have left, but if we find any Pakistani artiste, we won’t spare (them).”
MNS workers protested outside filmmaker Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions office for casting Fawad in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.Talking about Karan, Khopkar said: “Karan Johar isn’t bigger than the government. If Karan Johar and Raees makers don’t replace the actors, we will not allow Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Raees to release.” Raees marks Mahira’s entry into Bollywood and features superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the lead, while “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” stars Fawad with Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Anushka Sharma.