In the aftermath of the Uri attacks, a lot has changed between India and Pakistan. While several groups in India are adamant to enforce a complete ban on Pakistani artistes working in Bollywood, Indian television channel Zindagi, also pulled down all the Pakistani shows that were on air. In the light of the looming issue, Pakistan also struck back. According to a report in The Nation, Pakistani people have demanded action against “all Indian channels”. Taking their demand on a serious note the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) had ordered that no Indian TV channel can be viewed in the country after October 15. According to the reports, the crackdown will be held against all cable operators in the country in case the orders are not followed. It also alleged that Pakistani programmes have been banned in India and Indian artistes have given negative messages against Islamabad which resulted in provoking the public to demand the closure of Indian channels.
The ban has now been implemented and all Indian television shows have been withdrawn from the Pakistan prime time. This includes some shows on Pakistani television. Here is a list of the seven most well-known shows that ruled Pakistani screens.
1. Bigg Boss Season
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Bigg Boss is its tenth season currently. And while the reality show hosted by Salman Khan is garnering big ratings back home, it will go for a miss from the Pakistani screens now.
2. Naagin 2
The fantasy-drama is in its second season. But looks like its profits will suffer, given that a major chunk of its share came from across the border. It is the story about the daughter of a snake couple who sets out to avenge the murder of her parents.
3. Thapki Pyar Ki
It is the story of a girl nicknamed Thapki who stammers, yet takes up all the challenges in life with a positive perspective. She moves to a city in order to find a job and live independently.
4. Yeh Hai Mohabbatein
The show stars one of the most famous television actors, Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel. It tells the story of a woman who marries a man to get closer to her daughter. Her life changes when the husband’s ex-wife tries to create problems.
5. Qubool Hai
The show focuses on the Muslim community in India. The serial has been credited for pioneering Muslim-oriented programming in Indian television.
6. Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai
It is the story of two married women in a neighbourhood who enjoy the attention of each other’s husbands.
7. May I Come In Madam?
A dejected, henpecked husband, is awestruck by his boss in office and tries every possible move to get her attention.
While Pakistani shows have also gone off air in India, we hope the tension subsides, and the audience on each side of the border can watch the shows of both the nations.