Sridevi’s family rubbishes claims of Venugopal Reddy against Boney Kapoor

By: Express Web Desk | Bengaluru | Updated: March 13, 2018 8:02 am
boney kapoor opens up about sridevi death Boney Kapoor family reacts to an interview by Sridevi’s alleged relative.

Sridevi’s family has reacted to a controversial interview given by Venugopal Reddy, who was identified as the late actor’s uncle by a Telugu TV channel. In the interview, Reddy had painted a very grim picture of Sridevi’s life alleging that she lived and died in grief.

“Sridevi sold her properties, including some in Chennai to clear the debts of Boney Kapoor which he incurred due to the losses he suffered in films. She was very upset about that. She had no peace of mind in her entire life. She only smiled to make her fans happy. But, she herself was never happy in her life,” Venugopal alleged while talking to iDream News Channel.

On Sunday, following the prayer meeting held in Chennai for Sridevi, Sanjay Ramaswami, husband of Sridevi’s sister Srilatha, issued a statement to the media rubbishing the claims made by Reddy. Sanjay expressing solidarity with Boney Kapoor claimed that their family never heard of Venugopal Reddy’s name before.

“I have been married to Srilatha (Sridevi’s sister) for 28 years and never once have we heard of this individual Venugopal Reddy. The family is in grief and chooses to not make any comments through this painful time. There is no truth to this man’s claims and the entire family is in support of Boney Kapoor and are with him through this challenging phase. Some sections of the media questioned my wife’s silence and attributed all kinds of ridiculous allegations. I am sure that they have loved ones that they lost. Did they stand up on the wall and shout. We mourn in silence and do not seek any publicity and that should not be misconstrued. We are a very close knit family. Sridevi was an inspiration to all of us and all in the family loved her very much,” Sanjay said in the statement.

Popular Bollywood film producer Boney Kapoor and his daughters Janhvi and Khushi had gone to Chennai for a private prayer meeting held in the honour of movie icon Sridevi. The event was attended by the who’s who of the Tamil film industry.

Sridevi died of accidental drowning in the bathtub of her hotel room in Dubai on February 24 leaving the entire nation in shock.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. J
    Mar 13, 2018 at 9:30 am
    More affection cause the things.What ever it is.I belive Dubai report.But the following may be in my point of view. 1.Sridavis sister went to hotel for a meet ing. 2.No response from (Room)sridavi. 3.Srilatha called Mr.Bony. 4.Hotel employes and srilatha entered and found that Sridevi is no more. 5.Mr Bony arrived and came to know all from srilatha and Hotel employes. 6.Dubai police checked all (cctv ) and gave the report as Accidental Drowning. Why you all (Mr.Bony Kushi) allow sridevi alone hotel. RIP Sridevi.
    1. Vijayan Nair
      Mar 13, 2018 at 6:03 am
      Anyway sridevy s death is something unbelieveable considering her marriage with an already married man having chidren. Celeberiries must be rollmodel to common people. Shall we take anything from her life.
        Mar 13, 2018 at 2:09 am
        Is this the same Ramaswamy who along with his wife fought a bitter battle in court shamelessly for many years causing much agony to late Sridevi ? From the comments it seems like Ramaswamy is either a transformed man or the court went in favor of him for the property dispute. In either case may god bless him.
          Sridevi's fan
          Mar 12, 2018 at 9:30 pm
          If I am feeling about her very sad I can imagine what is her dear husband and children situation. When I see their pictures I feel that they are smiling but it is sad smile. Silently mourning is very hard because when you cry, you don't stress that much. I really convey my condolence to the family. Please take it easy and leave Sridevi's soul rest in pease.
            Sridevi's fan
            Mar 12, 2018 at 9:15 pm
            Though I am in America, still I love Sridevi. She took the acting as art. Her acting was very beautiful, not only her acting but she was also very beautiful. Her smile and her eyes are beautiful too. When I heard the news, I was sad and couldn't go to work for 2 days. I was in Hyderabad when I saw her movies. I am always think that if I go to India, I should Sridevi's movie vedeos.