After producing films like Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, 1& II, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster and Shahid, Sunil Bohra, is testing new waters. For his next venture, besides producing and distributing the film, he shall also be seen in the capacity of a story-screenplay-dialogue writer and director. The yet-to-be titled film has TV actor Pavan Shankar playing the role of guy from Benaras who has been staying in Mumbai for 16 years and wishes to meet Dawood Ibrahim.
“In a couple of days, casting director Mukesh Chabbra will finalise the actor to play the character of Dawood Ibrahim. Since the film revolves around these two people, there is no other cast except for a few small actors who will participate in the shoot for a day or two,” said Bohra. The film is a hardcore comedy and will be made on a budget of Rs.1.5 crore, but the marketing budget will exceed Rs.7-8 crore, he says. The 95-minute film will be shot in sync sound and does not have any song or dance numbers.
Bohra says that he decided to make a film on Dawood, as the common man is curious to know how the don looks like, talks, etc. “I did not do much research, as it is not a gangster film, but a fictional comedy. I have even given the character a different name,” says the producer.
The film will go on the floors in Mumbai in mid-April with a 20-25 days schedule and later there will be a short spell in Karachi. Bohra plans to release the film this year.
Releases in 2014
Besides the film on Dawood Ibrahim, producer Sunil Bohra is busy with Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki, a Hindi film with the backdrop of Bollywood. The shooting for the film started on March 9 with a 20-25 days schedule in Ahmedabad. The next schedule will be for 8-10 days in Mumbai, and has Mathira Mohammed, considered the Sunny Leone of Pakistan playing Nikki, while Zeeshan Kadri of Gangs of Wasseypur fame plays Vikki and Akki is played by debutant Anand.
Ganglords of 1985, directed by Rocky Khanna, and starring Vivaan Shah and Nasseeruddin Shah is almost 50 per cent complete, with the last schedule in April.
Shooting of Howard Rosemeyer’s Jia Aur Jia, with Richa Chaddha and Kalki Koechlin is complete, while Akhilesh Jaiswal-directed Mastram will release on May 1.
Bohra will also be making Malegaon Ka Spiderman. Elaborating he says, “This Spiderman is a fat guy. He is overweight because his older brother Superman did all the good work, while Spiderman sat at home gorging on food, and putting on weight. Even the web he casts is unable to take his weight. The film will release in January next year. A local Malegaon actor is playing the role.”
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo