After producing films like Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, 1& II, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster and Shahid, Sunil Bohra, is testing new waters. For his next venture, besides producing and distributing the film, he shall also be seen in the capacity of a story-screenplay-dialogue writer and director. The yet-to-be titled film has TV actor Pavan Shankar playing the role of guy from Benaras who has been staying in Mumbai for 16 years and wishes to meet Dawood Ibrahim.
“In a couple of days, casting director Mukesh Chabbra will finalise the actor to play the character of Dawood Ibrahim. Since the film revolves around these two people, there is no other cast except for a few small actors who will participate in the shoot for a day or two,” said Bohra. The film is a hardcore comedy and will be made on a budget of Rs.1.5 crore, but the marketing budget will exceed Rs.7-8 crore, he says. The 95-minute film will be shot in sync sound and does not have any song or dance numbers.
Bohra says that he decided to make a film on Dawood, as the common man is curious to know how the don looks like, talks, etc. “I did not do much research, as it is not a gangster film, but a fictional comedy. I have even given the character a different name,” says the producer.
The film will go on the floors in Mumbai in mid-April with a 20-25 days schedule and later there will be a short spell in Karachi. Bohra plans to release the film this year.
Releases in 2014
Besides the film on Dawood Ibrahim, producer Sunil Bohra is busy with Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki, a Hindi film with the backdrop of Bollywood. The shooting for the film started on March 9 with a 20-25 days schedule in Ahmedabad. The next schedule will be for 8-10 days in Mumbai, and has Mathira Mohammed, considered the Sunny Leone of Pakistan playing Nikki, while Zeeshan Kadri of Gangs of Wasseypur fame plays Vikki and Akki is played by debutant Anand.
Ganglords of 1985, directed by Rocky Khanna, and starring Vivaan Shah and Nasseeruddin Shah is almost 50 per cent complete, with the last schedule in April.
Shooting of Howard Rosemeyer’s Jia Aur Jia, with Richa Chaddha and Kalki Koechlin is complete, while Akhilesh Jaiswal-directed Mastram will release on May 1.
Bohra will also be making Malegaon Ka Spiderman. Elaborating he says, “This Spiderman is a fat guy. He is overweight because his older brother Superman did all the good work, while Spiderman sat at home gorging on food, and putting on weight. Even the web he casts is unable to take his weight. The film will release in January next year. A local Malegaon actor is playing the role.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More