By Jigar Shah
Devansh Barjatya makes his Bollywood debut
Established in 1962, Rajshri Productions has given the Hindi film industry several memorable films. In 1989, Sooraj Barjatya took over the reins of the company from his father, Tarachand Barjatya, and carried on the family tradition of making stirring family dramas like Maine Pyar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Hum Saath Saath Hai and Vivah.
According to a source close to the Barjatyas, the tradition will now be carried forward with Devansh Barjatya stepping in to assist his father Sooraj Barjatya in their next production starring Salman Khan.
Devansh is currently in charge of the television department of the company, but when Barjatya starts shooting the movie with Khan, he will assist his father.
Meanwhile, the makers have been on the lookout for a female lead opposite Khan, who plays a double role in the film. Reports that Deepika Padukone is a strong contender for the role has been doing the rounds for sometime.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations