Irrfan confirmed the news that Amitabh Bachchan and he will team up in Shoojit Sircar’s project titled Piku. “Yes, I am doing Shoojit’s film with Amitabh Bachchan, and we should start shooting some time this year as the dates are being worked out,” said the actor from Shimla where he is shooting for a still untitled film that he is co-producing. The film is being directed by Nishikant Kamat.
Though there were reports about Parineeti being in Piku, the news is that talks are on with Sonam Kapoor and she’s most likely do the film. Kapoor has an interesting bouquet of films lined up besides her home production, the remake of Khubsoorat. There is Sooraj Barjatya’s film with Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan Productions’ Dolly Ki Doli and of course the upcoming Bewakoofiyaan. When asked Sircar if the female lead of the film has been confirmed, the director said, “Not yet.”
Warner Bros. and producer Gordhan Tanwani to meet regarding title dispute of Action Jackson
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to producer Gordhan Tanwani, The Indian Film and Television Producers Council (IFTPC) has sent letters to both, him and Warner Bros. for an amicable settlement to the title dispute of his film Action Jackson which is slated to release on June 6. Distributors of the 1988 Hollywood film Action Jackson, Warner Bros. have apparently objected to Gordhan using the title for his film starring Ajay Devgn, helmed by Prabhudheva.
“Both Warner Bros. and I are members of IFTPC so the council has invited us both for a meeting and we will try to settle the matter amicably. Getting a title registered for a movie is a long procedure where once we register a title with an organisation (I did it with IFTPC) they send it to other organisations like IMPAA and the Producers Guild and get an NOC from them. After that a trade notice is registered in magazines. I had registered Action Jackson three years back and re-registered it again last year. There was no objection till then,” said Gordhani on the issue.
When contacted Denzil Dias, MD Warner Bros. said ‘he would not like to comment on it’.