Irrfan confirmed the news that Amitabh Bachchan and he will team up in Shoojit Sircar’s project titled Piku. “Yes, I am doing Shoojit’s film with Amitabh Bachchan, and we should start shooting some time this year as the dates are being worked out,” said the actor from Shimla where he is shooting for a still untitled film that he is co-producing. The film is being directed by Nishikant Kamat.
Though there were reports about Parineeti being in Piku, the news is that talks are on with Sonam Kapoor and she’s most likely do the film. Kapoor has an interesting bouquet of films lined up besides her home production, the remake of Khubsoorat. There is Sooraj Barjatya’s film with Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan Productions’ Dolly Ki Doli and of course the upcoming Bewakoofiyaan. When asked Sircar if the female lead of the film has been confirmed, the director said, “Not yet.”
Warner Bros. and producer Gordhan Tanwani to meet regarding title dispute of Action Jackson
According to producer Gordhan Tanwani, The Indian Film and Television Producers Council (IFTPC) has sent letters to both, him and Warner Bros. for an amicable settlement to the title dispute of his film Action Jackson which is slated to release on June 6. Distributors of the 1988 Hollywood film Action Jackson, Warner Bros. have apparently objected to Gordhan using the title for his film starring Ajay Devgn, helmed by Prabhudheva.
“Both Warner Bros. and I are members of IFTPC so the council has invited us both for a meeting and we will try to settle the matter amicably. Getting a title registered for a movie is a long procedure where once we register a title with an organisation (I did it with IFTPC) they send it to other organisations like IMPAA and the Producers Guild and get an NOC from them. After that a trade notice is registered in magazines. I had registered Action Jackson three years back and re-registered it again last year. There was no objection till then,” said Gordhani on the issue.
When contacted Denzil Dias, MD Warner Bros. said ‘he would not like to comment on it’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016