It’s been long since there have been talks about Vishal Bhardwaj planning a sequel to his 2009 hit, Kaminey, starring Shahid Kapoor.
But now that the director-actor duo recently wrapped up the shooting of their upcoming film, Haider, and bonded big time during the shooting schedule in Kashmir, it looks like things are finally falling into place and the sequel might just be on the cards.
Vishal Bhardwaj is keen on naming the film as Maha Kaminey, and with Shahid Kapoor in the lead, the film is expected to take the story of the first installment forward.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
While Vishal Bhardwaj has the idea in mind, he is still in the process of giving the finishing touches to the script, which will explore a fantasy world filled with gangsters. When contacted, Bhardwaj did not respond to our message, but his spokesperson confirmed that the director will definitely take the installment forward, but currently he is only focusing on ‘Haider’, since the film is on the editing table right now and is scheduled to release on September 12.
A source close to the director added that ‘Maha Kaminey’ is expected to be more gory and dark than the first film, giving birth to more evil characters and will give Shahid Kapoor a chance to portray a character that he hasn’t experimented with ever before.
Kochadaiiyaan to release on May 9
The highly-anticipated motion capture technology film, Kochadaiiyaan, which was earlier scheduled to release with Bhoothnath Returns on April 11, has finally got a release date. Eros International has confirmed that the Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone-starrer, directed by Soundarya R. Ashwin, will now hit the screens on May 9. The film will now clash with Hawaa Hawaai and Yeh Hai Bakrapur. Promotional activities for the film have been going on in full force, with the XD format trailer of the film screened at Chennai last week.