It’s been long since there have been talks about Vishal Bhardwaj planning a sequel to his 2009 hit, Kaminey, starring Shahid Kapoor.
But now that the director-actor duo recently wrapped up the shooting of their upcoming film, Haider, and bonded big time during the shooting schedule in Kashmir, it looks like things are finally falling into place and the sequel might just be on the cards.
Vishal Bhardwaj is keen on naming the film as Maha Kaminey, and with Shahid Kapoor in the lead, the film is expected to take the story of the first installment forward.
While Vishal Bhardwaj has the idea in mind, he is still in the process of giving the finishing touches to the script, which will explore a fantasy world filled with gangsters. When contacted, Bhardwaj did not respond to our message, but his spokesperson confirmed that the director will definitely take the installment forward, but currently he is only focusing on ‘Haider’, since the film is on the editing table right now and is scheduled to release on September 12.
A source close to the director added that ‘Maha Kaminey’ is expected to be more gory and dark than the first film, giving birth to more evil characters and will give Shahid Kapoor a chance to portray a character that he hasn’t experimented with ever before.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kochadaiiyaan to release on May 9
The highly-anticipated motion capture technology film, Kochadaiiyaan, which was earlier scheduled to release with Bhoothnath Returns on April 11, has finally got a release date. Eros International has confirmed that the Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone-starrer, directed by Soundarya R. Ashwin, will now hit the screens on May 9. The film will now clash with Hawaa Hawaai and Yeh Hai Bakrapur. Promotional activities for the film have been going on in full force, with the XD format trailer of the film screened at Chennai last week.