Sangeeta Bijlani, known for films like Tridev, Jurm, Batwara and others quit films way back in 1997, will make a comeback with Onir’s ambitious film titled Shab.
Confirming this, the film-maker, who will be directing a film after a gap of three years post I AM, said that Bijlani would be playing one of the lead roles in the film. “Rest of the cast will be finalised by the first week of May as presently I am in talks with the actors. I shall be introducing a new girl and a new boy in the film which will also have a French actor and a known actor who will be paired opposite Bijlani,” said Onir adding that the shooting of the film set in Delhi will start in June.
Talking about selecting Bijlani who has been away from the film scene for the longest, the director says, “I saw her at a fashion show and liked the way she carried herself. I was looking for someone like her, someone who is a fashion diva from Delhi, yet has a vulnerable look. And Sangeeta has both of that. I noticed that when she really dresses up, she can look cold and very proud. But when she removes her make up, she can look very vulnerable. When I told her that I want her in my film, she was actually very surprised. I told her ‘you read the script but I am serious’.”
Onir who has some critically-acclaimed films to his credit, had the script of Shab, for a long time. “Yes, this is my first-ever script and has been with me for the longest. Now finally, I am making a film. It is a much-layered film and will not be easy to make. While my Chauranga is on the editing table, I was planning to start Veda, but Vishal Bhardwaj is working on Haider which is on similar lines. So my version of the film has been pushed. I shall make it later after much modification, as it should not look the same.”
Meantime, Shab, Onir says, is set in four different seasons in Delhi and will be shot in summer in June, rainy season in August, Autumn in October and winter in December. The film is produced by Sanjay Suri, Onir and Mohan Mulwani under the banner of Anticlock Films.
Swara Bhaskar to play a mother in Nil Battey Sannaata
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
By Screen correspondent
After her remarkable portrayal of the feisty Bindiya in Raanjhanaa, Swara Bhaskar has signed Nil Battey Sannaata (a colloquial North Indian phrase meaning a hopeless or gone case). To be helmed by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, (Bhoothnath Returns director Nitesh Tiwari’s wife) the film revolves around a mother and daughter and their curious relationship and the constant tug of war. The story is conceived by Ashwiny’s husband Nitesh Tiwari and the screenplay is jointly written by the husband-wife duo and their team of writers.
Talking about her choice of film and role Swara says, “After Raanjhanaa, I was in a dilemma. Despite numerous offers, I did not like any script. The story is based on an original idea which is unique and expresses universal emotions. Playing a mother is a first and will be a huge challenge as an actor. I hope I’m able to play the part with ease and conviction. Ashwiny is a sensitive director and Nitesh Tiwari is a brilliant writer. They have created a great script which I hope I can deliver,” said Bhaskar.
Finding Fanny on September 12
Fox Star Studios has confirmed the final release date of Finding Fanny and the film, which was earlier scheduled to release on July 4, will now hit the screens on September 12. Homi Adajania’s film, starring Arjun Kapoor, Deepika Padukone and Anjali Patil among others, is set in a fantasy location and was shot in Goa. The film is currently in the process of pre-production.