By Jigar Shah
Producer Bhushan Kumar confirms that it is not a special appearance as reported
Last year, Bhushan Kumar and Vikramjit Singh who makes his directorial debut with Roy, had approached Ranbir Kapoor for the movie. Earlier reports had suggested that Kapoor would be seen in a special appearance in the film and the team had started shooting, with the makers announcing June 20, 2014 as the release date.
However, when we confirmed the news with Kumar, he said, “Ranbir plays the title role in the film. It isn’t a special appearance that he is doing. We shall begin shooting in March and the film will be ready for release in September.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Bengali actress to play female lead in Detective Byomkesh…
Last year, a hat-trick of sorts happened when Aditya Chopra and Dibakar Banerjee came together to work on three films—Titli, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy and another untitled project. Titli, starring Ranvir Shorey and Amit Sial has been directed by Karun Behl and co-produced by YRF and Banerjee will release this year. While Sushant Singh Rajput plays the detective in Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, the makers were on the lookout for an actress to play the female lead for the Dibakar Banerjee directorial. Reports about Vaani Kapoor being considered for the role was making the rounds, but when contacted the actor said that, “I am not doing the project.”
According to a reliable source related with the project, the makers have signed a Bengali actress to play the female lead opposite Rajput. The production house, however did not revert back to our message for confirmation.
Setting the record straight
Actor Boman Irani’s son Danesh has been unwittingly dragged into a controversy. The actor clarifies his son’s role in a press statement. “A certain gentleman has lodged a complaint against my son Danesh Irani and I, for involvement with a company – Qnet. This is a multilevel marketing company that is at the moment under scrutiny by the Economic Offenses Wing (EOW).
My involvement with the company was that I had attended a function of Qnet and had been photographed there. My son had worked as an agent like thousands of others when he had passed out of college, in 2007-2008. After which he left for the USA for his MBA. His earnings and residuals for his hard earned efforts as a multilevel marketing agent are all taxed and above board. Even though the individual has made this complaint, no authority including the EOW has intimated us for any inquiry.
Vidya Balan and Irrfan in Sujoy Ghosh’s next
By Geety Sahgal
After earning accolades for his suspense thriller Kahaani, director Sujoy Ghosh is busy putting the finishing touches to the story of his next project which he says is also a thriller.
While, the Kahaani heroine, Vidya Balan will be playing the female lead, Ghosh has managed a casting coup of sort by roping in Irrfan to play the male lead. When contacted, Ghosh queried, “What do you think about the casting?” The film is scheduled to go on the floors this year and according to the director, “The expectations will be that much higher, because both Vidya and Irrfan are splendid actors, and the audience will definitely expect something different.”
No longer called The Bastard Child
Submitting to the decree of the Censor Board, Mrityunjay Devrat helmed, The Bastard Child that was shrouded in controversy because of its title, will now be called The Children of War. Produced by Soumya Devvrat, the film stars Raima Sen, Indraneil Sengupta, Farooque Shaikh, Tillotama Shome and Victor Banerjee among others.