To prepare for his character in Subhash Kapoor’s Guddu Rangeela, actor Amit Sadh who plays a Haryanvi completed a 15-day workshop in order to understand and imbibe the nuances of his character. The film that stars Arshad Warsi will see the duo playing brothers on screen.
“This is the first time, I’m entering a territory like this, when it comes to my role, and so I had to really work on the look, body language and the accent, because there’s also a lot of dialogue-baazi in the film. I have to work extra hard, because I’ll be working with Arshad Warsi who’s one of the best actors we have,” says Sadh. While he was the only one who attended the workshop with his director, he says he had met and interacted with Warsi when the latter dropped by.
The actor thoroughly enjoyed the process though. He adds, “I like breaking my own limitations. I like to look and behave like my character when I’m doing a film. Sometimes it can be difficult to be in a room for five hours, doing the same things again and again, but then, that’s what acting is, and that’s what I’m here for. So it’s fun. Besides, I’m very lucky to have a director like Subhash Kapoor. He makes you work hard till you have mastered your scene. I already feel that I’ve grown ten folds as an actor, during this fifteen-day workshop.”
Guddu Rangeela shall go on floors next month, and will mostly be shot in the north India. The film also stars Aditi Rao Hydari and Ronit Roy.
Citylights on the edit table
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Hansal Mehta’s Citylights is on the final edit table. The film which is set to release in May stars Rajkummar Rao in the the lead and is produced by Mahesh Bhatt and Fox Star Studios. Editing is by Apurva M Asrani who has also worked on Children Of War. This Hindi film, which was earlier titled The Bastard Child, releases on February 21. A dark political thriller, it stars late Farooque Shaikh, Pawan Malhotra, Raima Sen, Indraneil Sengupta and Tillotama Shome.