Hollywood actor George Clooney and human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin have posted legal notice in London of their plan to marry in Italy, a spokesman for the borough of Kensington and Chelsea stated.
News of the couple’s engagement was confirmed in April when Alamuddin’s legal practice in London issued a statement congratulating them. The banns, or formal notice of the wedding, were posted at Kensington and Chelsea Register office in southwest London since last month, the spokesman said.
The couple would have had to visit the office and pay a fee of 35 pounds ($59) each before signing the document which was then displayed for 16 days.
Two-time Oscar winner Clooney, 53, has been married once before but since his 1993 divorce from Talia Balsam has remained one of Hollywood’s most eligible bachelors and had vowed never to remarry.
Alamuddin has advised United Nations former secretary-general Kofi Annan on Syria, represented Ukraine’s ex-prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko in challenging her detention before the European Court of Human Rights and has also represented WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in extradition proceedings.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Photos of the notice, published by the Daily Mirror, show 36-year-old Alamuddin’s occupation as “barrister” and her status as “single”. Clooney, listed under his full name of George Timothy Clooney, is described as “actor and director”, with his marital status “previous marriage dissolved”.
The document names the location of the wedding as Italy but does not give a date. According to media reports, the ceremony will take place in September at Clooney’s villa by Lake Como.
A spokeswoman for Alamuddin’s law firm was not immediately available to comment.