Hollywood actor George Clooney and human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin have posted legal notice in London of their plan to marry in Italy, a spokesman for the borough of Kensington and Chelsea stated.
News of the couple’s engagement was confirmed in April when Alamuddin’s legal practice in London issued a statement congratulating them. The banns, or formal notice of the wedding, were posted at Kensington and Chelsea Register office in southwest London since last month, the spokesman said.
The couple would have had to visit the office and pay a fee of 35 pounds ($59) each before signing the document which was then displayed for 16 days.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Two-time Oscar winner Clooney, 53, has been married once before but since his 1993 divorce from Talia Balsam has remained one of Hollywood’s most eligible bachelors and had vowed never to remarry.
Alamuddin has advised United Nations former secretary-general Kofi Annan on Syria, represented Ukraine’s ex-prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko in challenging her detention before the European Court of Human Rights and has also represented WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in extradition proceedings.
Photos of the notice, published by the Daily Mirror, show 36-year-old Alamuddin’s occupation as “barrister” and her status as “single”. Clooney, listed under his full name of George Timothy Clooney, is described as “actor and director”, with his marital status “previous marriage dissolved”.
The document names the location of the wedding as Italy but does not give a date. According to media reports, the ceremony will take place in September at Clooney’s villa by Lake Como.
A spokeswoman for Alamuddin’s law firm was not immediately available to comment.