Over the last two years, Doordarshan has brought about changes to its channel programming in an effort to win back its audience. One of these was to introduce a slot to screen films that have won National Awards and done rounds of international film festivals. It now follows up on that by creating a weekly slot for Hollywood blockbusters.
“We have tied up with Lionsgate, an agency that purchases the rights to Hollywood films and international television shows for airing. As of now, we are going to try it out free of charge; if the slot is a success, we will make it permanent,” says Tripurari Sharan, Directorate General, Doordarshan. He said that the slot will be introduced by the end of March.
The slot for the indie films — 11pm on Sundays — which was introduced in October last year has yet to pick up. “We received 175 entries for it and shortlisted 74 films. This slot is a long-term investment for us and we will not make changes at present.”
The channel has tied up with channels such as Star Plus and Zee to simulcast Satyamev Jayate (the second season is now on air) and Mahabharat respectively. On the other hand, it has also introduced some new infotainment shows, the kind that National Geographic and Discovery airs, such as Lakshaya: Ek Living Planet that addresses environmental issues.
Sony launches Mission Mumbai
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
As part of a consumer initiative awareness, CID will cater to various localities of Mumbai every weekend for the next one month, inviting people within the vicinity to participate in various CID games, symbolising the four characters of CID. The activities, which spans over 3 days will culminate in CID Mission Mumbai event. The on-ground event witnesses CID cops felicitating local heroes for their heroic deeds, making Mumbai safe.
Mission Mumbai kickstarted at Pratiksha Nagar in Sion last week. The cast of CID, comprising of ACP Pradyuman (Shivaji Satam), Daya (Dayanand Shetty), Abhijeet (Aditya Shrivastava) Dr. Salunke (Narendra Gupta) among others, felicitated the real-life heroes, who have made a difference to the society. Among those felicitated was a man who saved a girl from rape and a lawyer, who’s known to fight cases for the locals without charging a penny.