After he did Dibakar Banerjee’s Shanghai in 2012, Bengali film actor Prosenjit is set to act in yet another political thriller. The yetto- be-titled film will be produced by Pritish Nandy’s production house PNC and directed by Nandy’s son Kushan. The director has done two films prior to this, 88 Antop Hill in 2003 and Hum Dum in 2005, neither of which did well at the box-office. Kushan returns to direction nearly a decade later with this political thriller.
In an unusual but interesting casting, Prosenjit will be joined by Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Chitrangada Singh — the latter has permanently moved to Mumbai following her divorce with golfer husband Jyoti Randhawa — to play key roles. The film is said to have been earlier planned with actor Amit Sadh, but the cast was changed after the actor
suffered a fracture in the leg.
Set in Jharkhand, where it will also be shot, apart from areas of West Bengal, the film explores the Naxal issue. While Siddiqui and Singh are paired opposite each other, Prosenjit plays a political leader in a negative role. The shooting for the film will begin in July.
Interestingly, the Bengali actor’s wife is set to make a Hindi film debut too. Independent filmmaker Onir has cast Arpita Pal as the female lead where she plays a Delhi socialite, in an unti Prosenjit Nawazuddin Siddiqui led film.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched