After he did Dibakar Banerjee’s Shanghai in 2012, Bengali film actor Prosenjit is set to act in yet another political thriller. The yetto- be-titled film will be produced by Pritish Nandy’s production house PNC and directed by Nandy’s son Kushan. The director has done two films prior to this, 88 Antop Hill in 2003 and Hum Dum in 2005, neither of which did well at the box-office. Kushan returns to direction nearly a decade later with this political thriller.
In an unusual but interesting casting, Prosenjit will be joined by Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Chitrangada Singh — the latter has permanently moved to Mumbai following her divorce with golfer husband Jyoti Randhawa — to play key roles. The film is said to have been earlier planned with actor Amit Sadh, but the cast was changed after the actor
suffered a fracture in the leg.
Set in Jharkhand, where it will also be shot, apart from areas of West Bengal, the film explores the Naxal issue. While Siddiqui and Singh are paired opposite each other, Prosenjit plays a political leader in a negative role. The shooting for the film will begin in July.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Interestingly, the Bengali actor’s wife is set to make a Hindi film debut too. Independent filmmaker Onir has cast Arpita Pal as the female lead where she plays a Delhi socialite, in an unti Prosenjit Nawazuddin Siddiqui led film.