Actor Nithiin Reddy, who has donned the producer’s hat for the first time with upcoming Telugu actioner “Akhil”, says it’s been his long-time dream to produce a film with his matinee idol Pawan Kalyan.
“If a project with Pawan Kalyan materialises, I’ll leave everything and work on it. It will be a very special film. I’ve been dreaming of working with him for a long time now,” Nithiin told IANS.
In most of his films, Nithiin ensures there’s some reference to Pawan.
“It’s out of love that I have these references, but not to cash in on his popularity,” he said.
His latest Telugu film “Courier Boy Kalyan” hits the screens on Thursday worldwide.
- Baitikochi Chuste lyric video: The Anirudh Ravichander number from Pawan Kalyan starrer will put a smile on your face
- NTR 28: Pawan Kalyan attends Jr NTR's next film launch
- NTR 28: Pawan Kalyan to attend Jr NTR's film launch
- Baitikochi Chuste song teaser: Anirudh sings for Pawan Kalyan in his Telugu debut. Watch video
- Happy Birthday Pawan Kalyan: 10 facts you must know about the 'Power Star'
- Telugu superstar Pawan Kalyan to direct 'Gabbar Singh 2'?
He plays a messenger in the film, which also features Yami Gautham. Incidentally, he’s named PK, short for Pawan Kalyan, in it.
“It’s the kind of role I haven’t played so far in my career. It required me to shed my star image and play a regular, boy-next-door kind of character,” he said.
Nithiin also revealed that as soon he completes shooting for his next Telugu outing “AaAa” with Trivikram, he will join hands with filmmaker Gautham Vasudev Menon for a Tamil-Telugu bilingual.