Filmmaker S Shankar, who is all set for the release of the sequel to superstar Rajinikanth’s Robot, says he would like to make more film as part of the sci-fi franchise. “Yes, of course we would like to take it ahead as it is very interesting science fiction drama. So, definitely if something comes up then we will go ahead with 3.0, 4.0, 5.0,” Shankar told reporters here last evening when asked about taking the franchise forward.
Shankar said working on 2.0 was a huge task and the same time a big responsibility for him. “The film 2.0 was like having Everest on my shoulder and climbing another Everest,” he added. V Srinivas Mohan who is the VFX designer for 2.0, said, that this film has effects much grander than his earlier works Robot and Baahubali.
2.0 is the sequel to 2010 release Tamil film Enthiran (‘Robo’ in Telugu and ‘Robot’ in Hindi) and had Rajinikanth playing Dr Vasi and robot ‘Chitti’ alongside Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. The second installment will have actor Akshay Kumar playing the antagonist. Amy Jackson also stars in the film. 2.0 is slated to release next year.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The first look launch is one of its kind as the looks of Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar will be launched in 3D by Lyca Productions. The event hosted by Karan Johar would also see popular stars Kamal Hassan and Shah Rukh Khan sharing the stage with Rajini and Akshay. Huge LCD screens have been put in place to set the tone of the mega launch.