Camphor Cinema, the makers of recent Tamil biopic ‘Ramanujan’, have signed on Von Ryans Entertainment for the international distribution of the English version of the film.
The film is likely to be screened at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
“We are very happy and excited on taking on the international distribution of ‘Ramanujan’. This film is close to our heart since it is the story of a great Indian mathematician and we take pride in taking this film to the West. We plan to showcase the film at various international film festivals,” said a statement from Von Ryans Entertainment.
“The film is likely to be unveiled at TIFF in September. The festival has provided successful platforms to independent global cinema such as Deepa Mehta’s ‘Midnight’s Children’, Mira Nair’s ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ among others,” added the statement.
Directed by National Award-winning filmmaker Gnana Rajasekaran, the Tamil version of ‘Ramanujan’ released July 11 and was received very well.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
‘Ramanujan’ is a tribute to the unsung hero Srinivasa Ramanujan and tracks the journey of the ace mathematician from Kumbakonam to Cambridge.
The film features Abhinay Vaddi as Ramanujan, as also Bhamaa, Suhasini Maniratnam, Nizhagal Ravi, Sarath Babu, Thalaivasal Vijay, Abbas, Radha Ravi and Manobala, besides a host of few foreign actors as well.