Camphor Cinema, the makers of recent Tamil biopic ‘Ramanujan’, have signed on Von Ryans Entertainment for the international distribution of the English version of the film.
The film is likely to be screened at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
“We are very happy and excited on taking on the international distribution of ‘Ramanujan’. This film is close to our heart since it is the story of a great Indian mathematician and we take pride in taking this film to the West. We plan to showcase the film at various international film festivals,” said a statement from Von Ryans Entertainment.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The film is likely to be unveiled at TIFF in September. The festival has provided successful platforms to independent global cinema such as Deepa Mehta’s ‘Midnight’s Children’, Mira Nair’s ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ among others,” added the statement.
Directed by National Award-winning filmmaker Gnana Rajasekaran, the Tamil version of ‘Ramanujan’ released July 11 and was received very well.
‘Ramanujan’ is a tribute to the unsung hero Srinivasa Ramanujan and tracks the journey of the ace mathematician from Kumbakonam to Cambridge.
The film features Abhinay Vaddi as Ramanujan, as also Bhamaa, Suhasini Maniratnam, Nizhagal Ravi, Sarath Babu, Thalaivasal Vijay, Abbas, Radha Ravi and Manobala, besides a host of few foreign actors as well.