Director Siruthai Siva’s attempt to make James Bond-esque film in Kollywood just got a shot in the arm. The upcoming spy thriller starring Thala Ajith just got bigger with Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi agreeing to play the main antagonist in the film.
The makers of the yet-to-be-titled film, which is tentatively referred to as Thala 57, had been hunting for a leading actor to play the villain in the film for a while. A-listers like Arvind Swami, Arjun Sarja and Sudeep were considered for the role, said reports. Rumour has it that the Thala 57 team even approached actor Abhishek Bachchan for the role. However, the Guru star turned down the offer for unknown reasons.
Vivek coming aboard to play the antagonist in Ajith’s film is the top news from Kollywood on Thursday morning. However, the actor and the makers are yet to officially confirm the news. An announcement in this regard is expected soon.
Vivek is a familiar face down south as his Rakta Charitra movies were dubbed in Tamil. However, Thala 57 marks his original debut film in Kollywood. Meanwhile, when it comes to playing a gangster, nobody does better than Vivek.
Thala 57 team recently returned from Europe after completing the first schedule of the shoot. After a small break, they resumed the shooting for the film in Hyderabad.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The film, directed by Siva, marks his third collaboration with Ajith. Previously, the actor-director duo has delivered hit films like Veeram and Vedalam. The film is being produced by Sathya Jyothi Films and has music from Anirudh Ravichander.
The film also stars Kajal Aggarwal, Akshara Haasan, Thambi Ramaiah, Karunakaran and Appukutty among others in important roles. It is expected to hit the screens in May this year.