Popular producer G.K Reddy, father of southern actor Vishal, will be making his Tamil acting debut in a Nivin Pauly-starrer yet-untitled project being directed by debutant Gautham Ramachandran.
“I’m pro new talent. I don’t like to repeat same actors in similar roles. I saw him (G.K Reddy) in a publicity still and immediately felt he fits the bill of the character. But I wasn’t sure if he’d be able to pull off the role,” Gautham told IANS.
- Apologies for criticising Nivin Pauly's Richie: Roopesh Peethambaran
- Richie movie review: This Nivin Pauly and Prakash Raj starrer works in parts
- Richie will show a unique way of storytelling: Shraddha Srinath
- Richie actor Nivin Pauly: Gautham told me I wouldn’t look good without a beard
- Richie trailer: Nivin Pauly's gangster avatar will send chills down your spine
- Nivin Pauly's Tamil film Ritchie release date out
However, Gautham’s pre-conceived notion about the veteran changed the minute he met him.
“When I met and rehearsed with him, I realised there’s some oddity in his performance which makes him unique. I found a spark in him. We did about 50-60 rehearsals with him. We started off with few shots, took a break, and then rehearsed after he grew his beard,” he said.
Asked if he plays a negative character, Gautham said his shades won’t come out on screen.
“It’s tough to explain. You can’t judge a bar from the outside, can you? You need to get inside to know what’s happening,” he said.
Also starring Shraddha Srinath, the film is currently being shot in Manapad, south of Tamil Nadu.