Violent clashes erupted between Sarthakumar and Vishal supporters at the annual general body meeting of Nadigar Sangam at Habibullah Road on Sunday, according to TV reports.
Actor and Nadigar Sangam Vice President Karuna’s car was attacked by the protesters outside the venue of the annual general body meeting. However, there are no reports suggesting that the actor was injured in the incident.
Police have been deployed outside the Nadigar Sangam office to ensure the situation remains under control. The alleged supporters of Sarthakumar turned violent after the former association president was not allowed to attend the Sunday’s annual meeting.
Earlier, three-time Nadigar Sangam President Sarathkumar and former Secretary Radharavi, among others, were suspended from the actors’ guild on charges of corruption. An FIR was also lodged against the suspended members for allegedly mishandling Nadigar Sangam funds. The suspended members automatically become ineligible to take part in the annual meeting.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Sreedhar Pillai (@sri50) November 27, 2016
— bharathnt (@bharath1) November 27, 2016
The team led by Vishal turned the incumbent tide against the then office bearers led by actor Sarathkumar in last year’s Nadigar Sangam, also known as the South Indian Artistes’ Association, elections. During the long and bitter campaign, both parties threw a lot of muck at each other, which even affected the relationships between actors in the Tamil film industry to some extent. Eventually, the new team managed to pull off a stunning upset to Sarathkumar and the team.