Filmmaker Nalan Kumarasamy has confirmed that his forthcoming Tamil romantic-comedy “Kadhalum Kadhandu Pogum”, starring Vijay Sethupathi, is an official remake of Korean film “My Dear Desperado”.
“I really loved the film. We acquired the remake rights for Rs.40 lakh (Rs.4 million) and made the Tamil version. The remake will have my touch, of course,” Kumarasamy told IANS.
The film, which is about the blossoming relationship between the characters played by the lead actors, also stars Madonna Sebastian.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“One of the highlights of the film is that when the lead pair finally falls in love, the film ends,” he said, and added that the film won’t have a sequel. This revelation is contrary to some rumours.
The film also stars Samuthirakani as the antagonist, in the role of a sub-inspector.
Produced by C.V. Kumar and Studio Green, the film is slated for theatrical release on February 12.