Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s move to ban Rs 500 and Rs 100 notes has received a mixed response from different quarters of the society. The government’s action to check the menace of black money and counterfeit money has mostly drawn positive reactions from the celebrities. However, Ilayathalapathy Vijay gave a balanced response to demonetisation, which has shaken up India’s financial system.
“It is indeed a very good step to improve India’s economy, but the government should have foreseen the repercussions of the demonetization and should have taken proactive steps to protect the interests of people who make a living relying on daily wages as they are the ones suffering a lot,” he told the media.
He said that while such big decisions are bound to temporarily cause inconvenience to the common public, the problems should not outweigh the benefits of government’s policy.
“80 percent of country’s people are suffering because of the mistakes made by the rest of the 20 percent,” he humbly expressed his opinion with a great effort not to ruffle any feathers. He also recounted some of the struggles of common people that he came to know through the media
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
On the work front, the teaser of Vijay’s Bairavaa has created a new record by raking in millions of views since its online launch. The action-packed teaser has been viewed more than 9 million times on YouTube. Vijay’s 60th film is directed by Bharathan and slated for a Pongal release next year.