Filmmaker Vijay said director Vetrimaaran’s Tamil latest outing “Visaaranai”, which had its world premiere at Venice International Film Festival, left him speechless and he considers it one of India’s best films.
“It’s a hard-hitting film; left me speechless. The way Vetrimaaran handled the story, screenplay and characterisation is simply spectacular. I think he has given us a masterpiece,” Vijay, who watched the film at a private screening, said in a statement.
Inspired by true events, the film highlights police brutality, and features Dinesh and Samuthirakani in important roles.
- 'Visaaranai' bowls over Rajinikanth
- Blindly surrendered to Vetrimaaran for 'Visaaranai': Dinesh
- Eager to know audiences' reaction on 'Visaaranai': M. Chandrakumar
- Kamal Haasan in awe of Vetrimaaran's 'Visaaranai'
- 'Visaaranai' left everybody mentally, physically drained: Vetrimaaran
- 'Visaaranai' didn't let me catch a breath: Taapsee Pannu
“Everyone in the film was so real; big applause to Dinesh and the rest of the crew. This film is going to create huge impact in all aspects and I feel it’s going to remain as an identity for Indian cinema to the rest of the world,” he said.
Vijay added that he considers himself extremely lucky to have watched the film much before its theatrical release.
Scheduled to release in cinemas in December, the film is produced by actor Dhanush.