Actor Venkatesh’s cameo in upcoming Telugu romantic-drama Premam, an eponymous remake of Malayalam blockbuster, is not part of the original and was specially added in the remake.
“Venkatesh plays an interesting cameo in Premam. His role is not part of the original. However, the makers of the Telugu version introduced a new character which they feel will work well with the audiences,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
- Samantha Akkineni to star in Tamil remake of Kannada hit U-Turn
- Richie trailer: Nivin Pauly's gangster avatar will send chills down your spine
- Anjali confirms horror film Balloon will release on December 29
- R Madhavan to make a comeback in Tollywood with Naga Chaitanya's Savyasachi
- Premam movie review: Naga Chaitanya pumps up flavour, can't match up to original
- Shruti Haasan to play lecturer in 'Premam' Telugu remake
Directed by Chandoo Mondeti, the film also stars Shruti Haasan, Anupama Parameswaran and Madonna Sebastian.
The film, which has music by Rajesh Murugesan and Gopi Sunder, tracks three stages of romance in the life of its protagonist.