Tamil film “Velaiyilla Pattathari” (VIP) starring supersta Dhanush and AR Murugadoss‘ action-drama “Kaththi” have bagged nominations at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA). SIIMA is back with its fourth edition and is scheduled to be held in Dubai from August 6-7.
Directed by Velraj and also starring Amala Paul, VIP is nominated in nine categories including best actor and best actress.
- Happy birthday Anirudh Ravichander: From Kolaveri boy to Kollywood’s rockstar
- VIP 2: Dhanush, Kajol film beats Rajinikanth's Kabali record in Malaysia
- Aramm jukebox: Nayanthara starrer's music is an earthy mix. Watch video
- SIIMA 2017 Day 2: Mohanlal, Sivakarthikeyan, Nayanthara win as Ranbir-Katrina turn Lungi Machas. See photos, videos
- SIIMA 2017 Day 1: Shivarajkumar, Jr NTR, Rakul Preet win big. Here are all the winners. See photos, videos
- 'Kaththi' mints Rs.15.4 crore on release day
AR Murugadoss’s action-drama “Kaththi” starring Ilayathalapathy Vijay and Samantha is also one of the top contenders with nine nominations in Tamil category.
In the Telugu movie category, Vikram Kumar directed drama film “Manam” starring Naga Chaitanya and Samantha, and “Race Gurram” featuring Allu Arjun and Shruti Haasan has been nominated in 11 categories each.
Santhosh Ananddram’s directorial venture “Mr and Mrs Ramachari” has bagged the maximum 13 nominations in Kannada
Romantic comedy drama “Bangalore Days”, directed by Anjali, has earned nine nominations in the Malayalam category.
Giving the South Indian film industry a global platform, SIIMA nomination process is executed by a panel of veteran judges from Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam film industry, followed by online voting for the final verdict of winner selections.