Tamil film “Velaiyilla Pattathari” (VIP) starring supersta Dhanush and AR Murugadoss‘ action-drama “Kaththi” have bagged nominations at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA). SIIMA is back with its fourth edition and is scheduled to be held in Dubai from August 6-7.
Directed by Velraj and also starring Amala Paul, VIP is nominated in nine categories including best actor and best actress.
- Velaiyilla Pattathari 2: After Gupt, Kajol to play villain in Dhanush film
- VIP 2: Kajol officially announces her comeback to Tamil cinema, see pics
- Akshay Kumar may star in Hindi remake of ‘Kaththi’
- Akshay Kumar yet to take call on remake of ‘Kaththi’
- Dubai to host South Indian International Movie Awards
- ‘Kaththi’ mints Rs.15.4 crore on release day
AR Murugadoss’s action-drama “Kaththi” starring Ilayathalapathy Vijay and Samantha is also one of the top contenders with nine nominations in Tamil category.
In the Telugu movie category, Vikram Kumar directed drama film “Manam” starring Naga Chaitanya and Samantha, and “Race Gurram” featuring Allu Arjun and Shruti Haasan has been nominated in 11 categories each.
Santhosh Ananddram’s directorial venture “Mr and Mrs Ramachari” has bagged the maximum 13 nominations in Kannada
Romantic comedy drama “Bangalore Days”, directed by Anjali, has earned nine nominations in the Malayalam category.
Giving the South Indian film industry a global platform, SIIMA nomination process is executed by a panel of veteran judges from Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam film industry, followed by online voting for the final verdict of winner selections.