Two Kannada actors reportedly drown after a stunt went wrong during the shooting of a climax scene in Tippagondanahalli lake near Bengaluru. Maasti Gudi actor Duniya Vijay and two other actors, Anil and Uday, jumped into the lake from a helicopter for the stunt. While Vijay swam to the shore, the two other actors did not surface.
In a clip released by ANI, the three actors were seen jumping into the lake for a sequence in the movie. The incident is said to have taken place at around 3PM on Monday.
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 7, 2016
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A search operation is on to find the bodies of the actors. However, police have said that the chances of recovering them are bleak, reported thenewsminute. A team consisting of expert swimmers are on the spot searching for the two men. Meanwhile, the actor’s friends from the spot said they were not expert swimmers. It is also not known whether all three actors had safety harnesses, the report added.
An FIR has been filed against the producers of the movie and its stunt crew. More information is awaited.
In a similar incident in 1980, Malayalam actor Jayan died in a tragic accident on the sets of the movie Kolilakkam. When a massive fight scene was being filmed on the banks of a beach in Chennai, Jayan died on spot after a helicopter that he was hanging from crash-landed and exploded.
In 1982, another helicopter crash during the shooting of film Twilight Zone: The Movie led to the demise of three people. The incident led to years of civil and criminal action, and was also the reason for the introduction of new procedures and safety standards in film-making industry.