The recent Malayalam hit Oppam starring popular actor Mohanlal is ready to make a showdown in Tollywood as the dubbing and remaking rights of the movie were bought by a Telugu production house.
According to Andhra Box Office report, Overseas Network Entertainment (ONE) clinched the deal after the humongous response the movie got during its release in Onam. In just 3 weeks, the Priyadarshan-directed movie has raked in more than Rs 27 crore gross.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
B Dilip Kumar from ONE production house is ready to jointly release the movie in Telugu with Mohanlal, since the Malayalam star is afoot in Telugu movie industry as well, with two back-to-back films Janatha Garage and Manamantha, the report added.
Meanwhile, another report by Telugu360, stated that Tollywood star Nagarjuna will most likely be roped in for the Telugu version reprising Mohanlal’s role. Nagarjuna has already acted in experimental movies like Oopiri and Gaganam. The source also added that he would take a call soon.
Nagarjuna is, however, having a busy schedule this year. He said he will just do one movie and will be producing two other movies of his sons. “I will wrap up with just one movie this year, Om Namo Venkatesaya, and will be busy producing two pictures with my sons Chaitanya and Akhil,” Nagarjuna had said in a press meet earlier this month.
Oppam is a crime thriller about a blind elevator operator with a heightened sense of smell, touch and sound. The man is charged with committing a murder while he is innocent. The rest of the movie revolves around how he hunts down the real killer and proves his innocence.