Actor-producer Thiagarajan has clarified that he’s yet to sign an actress to play the lead in the southern remake of Hindi blockbuster ‘Queen’.
“We still haven’t finalised the female lead yet. I’m hoping to cast someone who could feature in all four (Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada) versions of the film’s southern remake. We have approached few actresses but nothing has materialised so far,” Thiagarajan told IANS.
Following the announcement of the ‘Queen’ remake, names of popular actresses such as Trisha Krishnan, Nayantara, Tamannah Bhatia and Samantha Ruth Prabhu have been doing the rounds to reprise Kangna Ranaut’s role from the original.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
However, both Trisha and Samantha have recently clarified that they are not part of the film.
‘Queen’ delighted viewers with a simple yet strong story of Rani, who sets off on a marriage-less honeymoon. The experience directs her to inner reserves of strength and willpower that she didn’t know existed.